CFA Support Services Manager - Finance & Partnerships
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George's Park.
Provide high quality financial support services to County FAs (CFAs) and oversee and develop external business support services to CFAs. Ultimately the role will be responsible for supporting the Operating Model to develop modern and efficient CFAs.
- Constantly assess CFA financial and cashflow positions, identifying risks and reporting to the Senior Operations Manager and Head of Operations where risks are identified, to create risk mitigation plans.
- Move all CFAs onto one financial software provider and to allow for dashboard view reporting for The FA of key financial measures.
- Work with Regional Managers to ensure key financial information is gained from Quarterly Reviews with CFAs.
- Update on a frequent basis the financial management operating guidance manual for CFAs with clear version control measures.
- Work directly with CFAs to ensure that excess profit is being reinvested back into grassroots football in accordance with the cash reserves policy.
- Assist CFAs to diversify income streams and share models of good practice to benefit grassroots football.
- Work with FA Divisions to ensure that any changes to delivery models have considered CFA financial implications.
- Liaise with insurance and legal providers to ensure that CFAs have access to optimal services and products.
- Provide a range of high-quality supplementary business support services to CFAs including commercial opportunities.
- Implement and monitor a commercial opportunities operating guidance manual for CFAs.
- Promote business operating models to develop modern and efficient CFAs and develop a robust business case to implement shared services across CFAs.
- Identify and promote innovation and best practice in business development for CFAs.
- Act as the link between the Grassroots Football Division and the Marketing, Communications and Commercial Divisions and leverage and distribute resources and benefits to CFAs.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- Business development/administration qualification.
- AAT Accountancy qualified.
- Finance, commercial and business development skills.
- Strategic thinking and ability to influence.
- Developing business models including shared services.
- Demonstrate success in providing a range of business support programmes and services; commercial, financial, customer service, health and safety, legislation.
- Innovating within business development.
- Ability to gain buy in to equality objectives.
- Comfortable designing training and development programmes aligned to business needs.
- Manage and maintain budgets within specific financial parameters.
- Extensive experience of Excel.
- High level of numeracy.
- The FA Grassroots Football Strategy.
- Working in partnership with CFAs.
- Health and safety skills / qualification.
- Project management skills / qualification.
- Understanding of data analysis.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.