Central Projects Manager
Birmingham 2022 are looking for an enthusiastic Central Projects Manager to deliver and coordinate central Venue Technology projects and to support the Venue Technology Team on cross-venue activities. This includes managing the Technology Equipment Allocation Planning (TEAP) process, coordinating technology implementation schedule planning, organising the production of Technology drawings and space layouts, coordinating volunteer and workforce recruitment and supporting supplier and contract administration.
The salary range for this role is £35,000-£37,500.
Management of the TEAP master database of records (the TEAP process is used to agree, record and manage the demand for end user technology device requirements at all competition and non-competition venues for all phases of the Games).
- Management of the detailed Venue Technology implementation schedule:
- Manage and log Venue Technology dependencies across the organisation, working closely with other stakeholders.
- Create and maintain standardised reports to ensure venue technology and its suppliers progress is accurately communicated to stakeholders.
- Proactively manage risks and issues across the Venue Technology Services functional area.
- Coordinate Technology drawings and space layouts:
- Coordinate the Venue Technology Team, workstreams and suppliers to produce a common set of drawings and space layouts within a defined schedule.
- Diligently manage design documentation and drawings, ensuring that records are accurately maintained with version control.
- Coordinate Venue Technology volunteer recruitment and support the Venue Technology Team in the workforce recruitment process:
- Ensure new Venue Technology team members receive appropriate training and inductions by creating induction materials and arranging workshops.
- Support Venue Technology supplier and contract management:
- Assist the Head of Venue Technology in the ongoing financial and commercial management of Venue Technology suppliers to ensure on time delivery against scope and within budget.
- Maintain the contract documentation library, including invoices and payments.
- Responsible for Venue Technology Change management processes.
Skills & Experience Required
- Previous experience of working in a project management capacity within the event sector or on projects that involve multiple deliverables and stakeholders.
- Proven experience in managing Change in a formal project environment.
- Knowledge of effective project controls and governance processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in using the MS Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, with emphasis on pivot tables, conditional formatting, v-lookups and other advanced features.
- Ability to develop and produce high quality reports, presentations and other documentation with accuracy and a strong attention to detail.
- An ability to work with and direct a range of stakeholders, while displaying integrity for the role and the organisation.
- Demonstrates an ability to interpret a range of information or tasks.
- Formal project management certification.
- Previous experience in dealing with a master database of records.
- Previous experience in asset management.
- Supplier management experience.
- Contract management and administration experience.
- Previous experience of working on multi-site and/or geographically diverse projects.
- An understanding of technology services within an event or multi-sport event setting.
- Familiarity with sports, entertainment and hospitality operations.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to download a guaranteed interview scheme form to include with your application please see the B2022 Get Involved/jobs page on the B2022 website.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. (Please see the B2022 Get Involved/Jobs page on the B2022 website to download the applicant privacy notice)