Business Development Manager
Only Saudi applicants will be considered
1. Job Objective
Support JCSA commercial partnerships / sponsorship and sales functions to drive revenue, grow awareness and build engagement with JCSA brand and events – particularly the world’s richest thoroughbred horse race, The Saudi Cup and its key seasons in Riyadh and Taif.
2. Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Build, develop and convert sales leads to grow corporate sponsorship, raceday (including ticketing, private suites, restaurants packages and memberships) and non-raceday sales (for example, venue hire for gala dinners, conferences, product launches and staff incentives) and associated activities (e.g. horse auctions).
- Help implement a partnership sales strategy, build a rights matrix and go-to-market plan including category targets and sales assets that are aligned with JCSA’s commercial direction and maximises value across its annual programme of race meetings to build and support a best-in-class roster of long-term domestic and international partners across key categories.
- Build relationships with key decision makers across all key target sectors including racing industry to drive sales.
- Identify opportunities to continue to build value in rights packages and support effective monitoring of commercial partners’ media value.
- Develop CRM function to ensure that sales lead generation remains focused, timely and relevant.
- Help ensure all commercial partners’ rights are effectively implemented to support both parties objectives.
- Financial Planning and Controlling
- Adhere to the annual partnerships and sales budgets.
- Ensure any direct reports alignment with set budget guidelines, identify areas of unsatisfactory performance, and recommend performance improvement opportunities.
- Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Ensure the adherence of the reporting directorates to JCSA’s policies, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Management Reporting
- Report to the Partnership and Sales Director on the impact, benefits and outcomes of key initiatives, and report on the progress of activities against the annual business plans, lead targets, challenges and issues faced, and mitigations taken.
- Ensure that all relevant reports are completed in a comprehensive, accurate and timely manner, and comply with regulatory and JCSA’s requirements and standards.
- Present regular and ad-hoc management reports to, but not limited to, the Partnerships and Sales Director on new opportunities, highlight critical issues and challenges, and provide insights to ensure effective decision-making.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the local and international partnership market and trends to identify key opportunities.
- Support an environment that facilitates healthy relationships among all reporting directorates.
- Promote and maintain a good image of the club, while conducting business in an ethical and professional manner.
- Contribute to raising awareness and commitment to JCSA’s vision, mission, values and strategic objectives in order to
- establish a highly engaged and motivated workforce.
- Contribute to fostering an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged.
- Help in building a learning organization that will continue to grow, flourish and enhance the skills and abilities of employees.
- Take a role in managing the identification and implementation of change initiatives on systems, processes and practices in coordination with the relevant teams.
- Support creation of a strong and supportive team ethic across Commercial function.
3. Job Requirements
- Required Education
- Master’s degree in any relevant field
- Professional Certification is a plus
- Required Years of Experience
- Minimum of 6 years of sponsorship sales experience in a similar role – agency or in-house.
- Sports industry experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Racing knowledge preferred but not mandatory.
4. Organizational Relationships
- Direct Reports to
- Partnerships & Sales Director
- Direct Reports from
- Sales Supervisor/s
5. Contacts and Relationships
- Key Internal Relationships
- Marketing and Communications Team
- Ticketing and Membership Team
- Media Operations Manager
- Events Director and F&B Manager
- Racing Operations
- Digital Manager
- To create value for commercial partners; to shape and present both partnership & customer product proposition in market; & provide insight to support sales effort.
- To ensure that all commercial partners guest experience both pre and during event exceed expectations.
- To ensure that Commercial Partners’ media value is effective and maximised through both domestic and international broadcast.
- Establish customer centric raceday experiences that resonate with target audiences. Ensure that Commercial Partners’ experience exceeds expectations on a raceday.
- Ensure that commercial partnerships build industry popularity in a credible way without compromising the sports’ integrity and safety.
- Identify and build digital assets that support a mutually beneficial narrative to build awareness and engagements around our key messages
- Key External Relationships
- Varied - Sales support, Research / Insights, Design
To apply for the vacancy please click the ‘apply’ button below.