Business Development Executive
The sports industry is now a truly global business with Global Sports firmly positioned as the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform across Europe, The Middle East and Asia partnering sports organisations looking to either sustain or accelerate growth in both their local and international markets. Our four digital platforms (English, French, German and Mandarin) provide clients with the opportunity to engage directly with 200,000+ professionals across all functions and sectors.
The role is:
- Undertake new business development activities to achieve objectives and sales targets including outbound telephoning, face 2 face / virtual client meetings, networking at industry events through to contributing in marketing campaigns.
- Proactively self-generate, grow and close sales opportunities across a range of new business prospects.
- Manage an opportunity through the sales process, from initial lead generation or follow up, through to qualification, proposal and eventual closure.
- Foster and nurture relationships with new customers, build rapport over time resulting in cross selling opportunities and excellent renewal and extension rates
- Manage existing and new client relationships, including review meetings, troubleshooting and being the day to day point of contact
- Manage a sales pipeline, recording all key opportunity information and where required to forecast your pipeline accurately to the sales manager
You are someone that brings:
- 18 months+ of experience in new business sales, with a track record of selling to B2B customers, ideally using a consultative sales approach.
- A self-starting and confident personality, with strong sales and rapport building skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence with credibility and effectiveness at all levels of our client’s organisations, including executive and C-level.
- Fluency in written and verbal English, a second language would be desirable.
- An innovative and proactive approach to working, who is not afraid to suggest new ideas
- A passion and understanding for the business of sport.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and HubSpot CRM (Desirable)