Business Development Director
Entrepreneurial, creative, and dynamic Business Development Director to drive subscription sales of our new, interactive digital fan engagement platform to global sports and media organisations (initially targeting English speaking football clubs).
Ideally a London-based role for a high achieving, dynamic and entrepreneurial candidate who has an excellent track record of selling digital solutions (SaaS, PaaS, sports data, fan engagement, OTT, gaming, etc.) to global sports organisations.
Prioritised candidates will have an established network, and strong reputation, with English speaking football clubs, and who has personally and professionally thrived working within a small and entrepreneurial environment.
The candidate will have a successful track record, and appetite, to help shape the sales and marketing strategy, be responsible for the execution of that strategy, and show an ability to think creatively, commercially, and tactically.
The candidate will be fluent in English, have excellent written and presentation skills, and will be a self-starter.
- help shape and constantly refine the sales strategy
- build and manage a sales (and customer success) team reporting to him/her at the apprioriate time
- be responsible for delivering sales targets set by the Board
- account manage clients (until a seperate customer success team is recruited which you will be responsible for)
- pro-actively research, identify and execute new business opportunities
- maintaining the pipeline reporting
- maintaining market research on the competitive landscape / market intelligence
- attending and representing the business at seminars, conferences, and events where appropriate
- report directly to the CEO