Brand and Marketing Assistant
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Brand and Marketing Assistant to support the Brand Manager in the ongoing development and protection of the Birmingham 2022 brand and sub-brands, including United by Birmingham 2022, Volunteering and the Queens Baton Relay, in addition to the delivery of generalist brand, marketing and communications activity. Working collaboratively with functional areas, partners and Birmingham 2022 rights holders you will ensure the timely and efficient processing, documenting, feedback and approval of brand and marketing materials ensuring compliance with relevant brand guidelines.
The Communications, Marketing and Media Division (CMM) is responsible for developing and protecting the Birmingham 2022 brand, as well as driving awareness and interest in the Games via our major campaigns such as ticketing, volunteering and the Queens Baton Relay. This integrated team is also responsible for the running of the Birmingham 2022 press office, working with Games partners to deliver community engagement, implementing a comprehensive public affairs programme, creating and optimising all public facing digital media and Games time media operations.
- Assist in implementing multi-channel brand and marketing activity for Birmingham 2022
- Help to monitor and protect the Birmingham 2022 brand by ensuring activities comply with the Birmingham 2022 brand guidelines
- Manage brand approval requests, ensuring that Birmingham 2022 brand standards are maintained and being met both internally and by external partners, and ensuring that feedback or approval is recorded and delivered promptly
- Maintain and monitor the brand approval system ensuring its efficient use by partners
- Prepare creative briefs for agency partners and coordinate design, production and distribution of brand and marketing materials, including; approvals management, marking up artwork / feedback and archiving jobs
- Work from existing briefs and guidelines to produce brand and marketing materials including but not limited to; adverts, posters, collateral, presentations and digital assets
- Maintain brand and marketing databases and libraries, including; images, video, assets and content to help ensure that the correct brand assets are used by Birmingham 2022 and its partners and rights holders
- Help create interesting and engaging creative content to support brand and marketing objectives, programmes and priorities
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in other functional areas (FA's) to help deliver Birmingham 2022 brand and marketing assets
Skills & Experience Required
- A creative mind-set with an interest in brand, design and marketing
- Experience in designing and producing materials for print, digital activity and advertising campaigns
- Project management experience in creative services
- Experience of writing creative briefs
- Experience managing creative services agencies
- High level of administrative, time management and planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organise tasks effectively and deliver to a high standard on time
- Resilient with an effective approach to resolving challenges and identifying solutions
- Ability to build relationships, with strong people skills
- Experience working as part of a B2C marketing function or a brand or marketing agency environment
- Diploma / degree qualified in marketing or communications (or similar
- CIM or evidence of continual professional development
Salary - £22,000-25,000 per annum
Start date - February 2021
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a CV, covering letter and disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.