Assistant Wushu Coach (Taolu)
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Head Wushu Coach, the Assistant Wushu Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To coordinate, design and implement training programmes for wushu elite youth athletes in Hong Kong, especially taolu Group;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite youth training outcomes;
- To assist with the administration and coordination of logistics, accounting, coaching and team resources related to local and overseas squad training and competitions;
- To assist the HKSI and Hong Kong Wushu Union in implementing programmes related to talent identification, coach education and athlete promotion programmes; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- University degree or post-secondary Certificate/ Diploma, or its equivalent;
- Holder of a valid coaching certificate issued by relevant governing body;
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional coaching experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer literacy; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send the completed Application Form with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: hrdept @ hksi.org.hk on or before 25 October 2020. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20201012-AWUSC(TAIJI) in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.