Assistant Scientific Conditioning Coach
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Senior Scientific Conditioning Coach, the Assistant Scientific Conditioning Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
To implement safe and effective training programmes for athletes under the guidance of senior staff;
To supervise and to run the daily operation in the Fitness Training Centre;
To supervise injured athletes’ training in cooperation with the Sports Medicine Centre and under the guidance of senior staff;
- To monitor the maintenance of the fitness area and equipment;
- To perform fitness and field-testing on athletes for monitoring training progress under the guidance of senior staff;
- To collaborate with other disciplines of the Scientific Conditioning Center and other Centres as appropriate to the biopsychosocial operational model;
- To provide both local and overseas on-field support to elite sports teams if required;
- To centralize and maintain a database for all training records;
- To keep abreast of the current trends of Strength and Conditioning for peak performance; and
To perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
A university degree in strength and conditioning, sports science or a relevant discipline;
- Holder of certified strength and conditioning specialist certification or a related qualification;
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience in strength & conditioning. Or having been a full time athlete within a high performance system and trained in strength and conditioning for over 2 years;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of athlete, coach and management;
- Conscientiousness and accurate in monitoring athletes, recording data and reporting;
- Able to work irregular hours and perform under pressure;
- Proficient in computer software application such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English. Ability to speak Putonghua and/or Chinese is a definite advantage; and
Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send your resume and a completed application form with indication of your current and expected salary.
An appointment will be on a fixed-term contract.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal Data provided by appointees will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER