Arrivals and Departures HIA Terminal Manager
The Arrivals and Departures Airport Transport Manager shall work with Arrivals and Departures Group Leader on developing a strategic plan for the transport services at the airport, policies and procedures for arrivals and departures constituent groups, ensuring the plan is in line with established SLAs. Managing the area's activities and resources within the approved budget is also with the manager scope.
The role of the Airport transport manager includes:
- Lead the airport transport team, including recruitment and training;
- Plan, implement and manage the airport operations in Doha, required for the arrivals and departures movement of PMA, Referees, FIFA Executive Board, FIFA Guests and FIFA Staff during the operational period of FWC Qatar 2022, considering the service levels, transport and logistics complexity and demand of each client group.
- Manage all operational aspects following the governance structure and interdependency with other airport stakeholders;
- Manage the relationship within the airport venue ensuring the escalation and conclusion of issues to EMC team with all external collaborators including authorities, government agencies, private airport concessionaires, security agencies and other stakeholders;
- Staging area and load zones management.
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and multitasker who works well under pressure, can lead and manage a team and delivers to strict timelines.
The Arrivals and Departures Airport Transport Manager is responsible to build, train and motivate the Airport transport team of paid staff and volunteers for the duration of the FWC Qatar 2022 project.
- Recruit, manage and lead a team of Airport Transport;
- Direct the transport service planning for each client group as named above to ensure the correct services, in accordance with FIFA service levels are planned for each client group to ensure the overall success of the tournament;
- Guarantee proper arrivals and departures transport services are being planned and implemented accordingly, based on DSLAs developed;
- Direct the coordination with all transport mode suppliers including bus, fleet and public transport and other key functional areas to develop the services;
- Lead the airport transport team to ensure all client service level planning is integrated with other key Q22 functional areas at site and venue level including all stadiums and non-competition sites;
- Lead on the delivery of all client related information, communications and presentations at key client meetings plus any client transport guides/information and other related documents, both electronic and published;
- Lead on the planning, staffing and management of transport staging area, load zones and parking spaces, including planning, recruitment and training of all workforce;
- Support delivery of Airport services for all test events prior to the FIFA World Cup 2022;
- Work with group Leader to prepare risk analysis and develop mitigation strategies for each client group;
- Any other duties that may be required.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Event Management, Major Sport events or a combination of education and experience relating to position;
- Master’s Degree is an additional asset.
- Minimum of 3 years Airport transport operations work experience: ideally within the football, sport, event;
- Transport operations experience within at least one international mega event, ideally more than one world class sport event (e.g. World Cup and / or Olympic Games, Regional Football Tournaments, etc.);
- Experience working in multi-functional event organisations and in dynamic and fast paced environments;
- Experience of leading a team and proven project delivery experience;
- Experience working with public and private sector partners in a collaborative environment and ability to build strong partnerships.
- Good knowledge of major event transport operations involved in airport operations, flows, different levels of services;
- Good knowledge of administration and project management principles;
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
- Ability to prioritize client’s needs, authority requirements, and FIFA/Q22 regulations;
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Must be organized and detail oriented;
- Advanced communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- Ability to motivate others toward a common goal;
- Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly;
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills;
- Ability to work and communicate in a corporate and project focused organisation;
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change;
- Displays highest levels of integrity and commitment;
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence;
- Inter-cultural competence and sensitivity;
- Language skills - English language fluency or any additional language considered an advantage;
- Strong IT skills; familiarity and comfort with MS Office (especially MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project)