The Administration Director is responsible to lead the LLC Administration Services which includes office Administration, office IT, Workforce Management and Catering to achieve its strategic priorities and ensuring that practices, policies and project initiatives are aligned with best practice and create a culture that is conducive to attracting, developing, rewarding and retaining high performers.
This role has corporate responsibilities in terms of providing a framework in Administration and has an operational role in terms of supporting the JV to deliver the FIFA World Cup.
- Oversee the Departmental Business Plan in alignment with the Event’s mission and vision an review and authorise business plans developed
- Ensure Office Administration and Office IT services are provided efficiently to the LLC and that Workforce Management and Catering functions are efficiently plan and deliver their services to the FWC
- Agree deliverables with subordinates and provide leadership for initiatives delivery
- Build the necessary department foundations including the frameworks, policies, processes and procedures required to enable delivery of plans
- Lead the development and expansion of Administration’s capability
- Senior stakeholder management- internal and external
- Evaluate the costs and benefits of all new ideas and initiative to ensure that resources are appropriately directed to support Office Administration, Office IT
- Provide leadership on a wide range of issues e.g. HR Law and Worker’s Welfare when dealing with external law enforcement, ministries, safety and security agencies for safety alignment locally, regionally and internationally
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor directly related or relevant to the job
- Ensure the assigned responsibilities are delivered:
- to a high standard of quality and timeliness
- in full compliance with the QFC regulations and the Safety and Security rules and requirements
- A minimum Business Administration experience of 10 - 15 years
- University degree in appropriate subject (or adequate training/vocational education)
- Experience in international sports / event management
- Knowledge of even planning and event project management processes
- Experience or knowledge of local culture will be an added benefit
- Experience working across multiple stakeholders
- Experience in a wide range of business functions
- Ability to successfully manage large budgets and resources with significant responsibility for decision making
- Proven record of accomplishment in managing complex projects, preferably international sports events.
- Minimum of 8 years managing teams within the business Administration area.
- Proven management experience of complex projects
- Specialized qualifications within business administration
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams across a variety of business areas
- Experience in Tournament management
- Fluency of Arabic and English is a must
- Strong IT skill including MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)