Accreditation Operations Manager
The Accreditation Operations Manager will be responsible for the planning, setup, operation and dismantling of all Accreditation Centres for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™. Their responsibilities also include other operational tasks, such as accreditation consumables stock management and volunteer planning and training.
S/he will lead a dedicated team within the Q22 Accreditation Department
- Supervise a dedicated team of Accreditation Operations Coordinators, Site Accreditation Managers and Site Accreditation Coordinators.
- Develop and implement accreditation policies and procedures in order to set rules that establish boundaries, limits, zones or fully describe the operations and/or services.
- Develop training materials (i.e. Accreditation manual, guidelines, etc.) and provide adequate training to Accreditation staff and volunteers in cooperation with FIFA Accreditation.
- Design/update the Accreditation zoning maps in accordance with FIFA/Q22 Venue Management and zone owners and make them available to all departments.
- Coordinate site inspections with FIFA representatives and zone owners in order to review and confirm the accreditation zoning previously drafted on maps.
- Coordinate with and support the Access Management Department with regard to accreditation access control, including access control system testing.
- Plan and assure delivery of fully equipped Accreditation Centres (overlay, technology, power, lighting, FF&E) as per requirements set forth by FIFA.
- Plan the layout of accreditation facilities in accordance with FIFA Accreditation.
- Develop requirements, tender, select and manage suppliers for Accreditation consumables according to FIFA standards and timelines.
- Coordinate the Accreditation volunteers planning (numbers per shift, per facility, services)
- Manage and supervise all the Accreditation Centres’ operations.
- Coordinate and supervise accreditation card printing & distribution.
- Support issue resolution activities in coordination with FIFA and Q22 Accreditation Constituent Group team.
- Supervise roster management of the Accreditation volunteers working at the Accreditation Centres.
- Manage the accreditation consumable stock management for all accreditation facilities.
- University degree in appropriate subject or adequate training/vocational education.
- A minimum experience of 4-5 years in the international sporting events industry, preferably within the Accreditation sector. Experience in FIFA events is an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and under pressure.
- Ability to use judgement to assess levels of risk and ability to implement mitigation measures.
- Ability to delegate responsibility and mentor junior project team members.
- Ability to work both independently with minimum supervision and cooperatively within a team situation.
- Previous experience of managing a diverse team of coordinators.
- Ability to communicate with a clear vision of success.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Effective collaboration to ensure delivery of mutual objectives.
- Proven experience in the development and management of accreditation process operations in international events. Experience in FIFA or football events is an asset.
- Excellent organisational skills with a proven ability to deliver results within specified deadlines.
- A methodical and analytical approach to completing work, with excellent attention to details.
- Ability to handle stress, work long hours under short deadlines in a dynamic, high-pressure environment and to meet demanding timescales.
- Teamwork approach and excellent skills to manage a team of Accreditation Staff.
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability when faced with ambiguity or constant change.
- High level of customer service and negotiating experience.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills.
- Planning software and online collaboration tools experience (an asset).
- English fluency – spoken and written (required).
- Other FIFA languages are an added benefit.
- Arabic fluency – an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Advanced IT skill including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project).