Accreditation Constituent Group Manager
The Accreditation Constituent Group Manager will be responsible for the coordination, planning and implementation of the accreditation process of FIFA’s constituent groups: FIFA/Q22 staff, volunteers, suppliers, media and broadcasters, medical personnel, host cities/host country personnel, inspection bodies, observers, commercial affiliates, safety & security personnel. S/he will ensure that FIFA accreditation processes are followed throughout.
The Accreditation Constituent Group Manager will lead a dedicated team within the Accreditation Department. S/he will lead the accreditation communication to all other Q22 departments and prepare documents for communication inside and outside of FIFA/Q22 explaining the accreditation process.
- Supervise a dedicated team of Accreditation constituent group coordinators.
- Develop the Accreditation Privilege Matrix in cooperation with FIFA Accreditation, in order to provide the FWC 2022 accreditation holders with the appropriate accreditation device and access entitlements that enable them to perform their roles efficiently at the right place and the right time.
- Engage with Q22 departments; communication and presentation of specific guidelines and supporting materials with regard to the accreditation process of their suppliers, for which the relevant Q22 Project will be in charge.
- Develop and implement accreditation policies and procedures, in accordance with general FIFA accreditation policies and procedures, in order to set rules that establish boundaries, limits or fully describe the operations and/or services.
- Develop training materials (i.e. Accreditation manual, guidelines, etc.) and provide adequate training to colleagues from other departments in cooperation with FIFA Accreditation.
- Coordinate the accreditation card distribution within reasonable timeframes to the constituent groups.
- Manage and supervise the issue resolution processes for the Accreditation constituent group.
- Responsibilities of this role will evolve during the lifespan of the project and it is likely that the role profile will evolve with the changing needs of the tournament.
- University degree in appropriate subject or adequate training/vocational education.
- A minimum experience of 4-5 years in the international sporting event industry, preferably within the Accreditation sector. Previous experience in FIFA or other football events is an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and under pressure.
- Ability to use judgement to assess levels of risk and ability to implement mitigation measures.
- Ability to delegate responsibility and mentor junior project team members.
- Ability to work both independently with minimum supervision and cooperatively within a team situation.
- Previous experience of managing a diverse team of Coordinators.
- Ability to communicate direction with a clear vision of success.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Effective collaboration to ensure delivery of mutual objectives.
- Proven experience in the development and management of accreditation process operations in international events.
- Excellent organisational skills with a proven ability to deliver results within specified deadlines.
- A methodical and analytical approach to completing work, with excellent attention to details.
- Ability to handle stress, work long hours under short deadlines in a dynamic, high-pressure environment and to meet demanding timescales.
- Teamwork approach and excellent skills to manage a team of accreditation staff.
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability when faced with ambiguity or constant change.
- High level of customer service and negotiating experience.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills.
- Planning software and online collaboration tools experience (an asset).
- English fluency – spoken and written (required).
- Other FIFA languages are an added benefit.
- Arabic fluency – an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Advanced IT skill including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project).