Accountant & Financial Controller Italy (m/f/d)
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, IRONKIDS®, ITU World Triathlon Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 235 events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance (www.advance.com), a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
- Development and management of annual budgets for the Italian entity, including individual event budgets and Department Budgets for operations, sponsorship, marketing, logistics, and other support functions.
- Monthly forecasting of the country P&L and variance analysis, in consultation with operations staff. Management of financial risks and opportunities.
- Monthly reporting of actual results, against budget and forecast, with analysis and comments.
- Day-to-day accounting for our Italian entity, including payroll processing, reconciliations, and receivables/payables processes.
- Performance of all other accounting related tasks.
- Preparation of annual financial statements under US GAAP and local GAAP.
- Assist and submitting of all statutory and tax returns – including VAT.
- Liaison with external auditors and tax authorities.
- Understand event processes and work together with the individual race directors on analyzing planning procedures, processes, and profitability around the individual events.
Skills and competencies
- Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Fluency in written and spoken Italian and English. Knowledge of Spanish also would be a plus but no required.
- Minimum of 4-5 years relevant experience in accounting and/or auditing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely diligent about working with international colleagues at all levels and ensuring that deadlines are always met.
- Ability to manage diversity in job responsibilities with precision and accuracy in work.
- Must be hands on, able to multi-task and show proper level of time management.
- Excellent skills in MS Office and Finance applications.
- Experience in Navision accounting software is an advantage.
What we offer
- We enable flexible working hours, and home office, subject to certain conditions.
- Attractive salary, and annual bonus remuneration payment based on personal and company performance.
- Endurance event entry benefits.
- Travel to other European countries.
- Open, modern and friendly working environment with a strong culture across EMEA.
- Opportunity to be creative in your work and the possibility to develop your own ideas and concepts.
- Informal and relaxed dress codes.
- Part of a market-leading, growing global endurance sport Company.
A contract will be made based on a full-time employment. We are looking forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and your notice period.
Are you interested? Please apply below.