ACCOUNT MANAGER, SPORTS
SPORTFIVE utilizes the unique emotional power of sports to create and enable pioneering partnerships in sports. By delivering responsible commercialization, full-service solutions and long-term value for all stakeholders in sports, SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rightsholders, media platforms and fans by leveraging a global network paired with decades of experience and entrepreneurial spirit.
SPORTFIVE operates as an international sports business and marketing agency with a global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries active in football, golf, e-sports, motorsport, handball, tennis, American football and many more.
Team and Job Overview
SPORTFIVE is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and passionate individual to join our brand consulting team. This Manager position will play a key role in the management and growth of a global financial services account and will work closely with the account team to manage the strategy of various partnerships, with a focus on adaptive sports and other sports centric properties. The candidate should have proven skills in property and asset management, strategy development, on-site event activation, and experience interacting with clients and working effectively in an inter-agency environment. Strong communications skills are a must. This role will have direct interaction with senior level clients and colleagues.
The position will be based at SPORTFIVE’S New York, NY office and the candidate will be a day-to-day contact with the client and agency partners. The ideal candidate will have previous brand strategy experience, partnership marketing and agency experience, as well as advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Help develop strategy and deliver new thinking to bring partnerships to life
- Day-to-day contact on specific partnerships in the adaptive sports and potentially in golf, baseball and tennis space
- Liaise with clients on a daily basis to ensure needs are being met and goals are being exceeded
- On-site activation management and execution
- Create and present PowerPoint presentations to sell strategy recommendations through to client, and recap work
- Work with internal and external parties and stakeholders to ensure efficient use of property assets
- Manage-up to senior members of the team
- Support the strategic development of the clients’ overall sponsorship strategy
- Synthesize results and key metrics as it relates to program measurement and ROI to support strategy development
- 4+ years in a marketing and/or sponsorship position
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, sports and entertainment management or related field
- Brand and partnership marketing strategy experience
- Ability to review and analyze industry research tools and platforms and incorporate data and insights into strategic recommendations
- Experience presenting to high-level clients
- Excellent strategic PowerPoint development
- Experience building strategy from ideation to execution
- Experience with sponsorship activations
- Knowledge of working with professional sports and/or culinary, arts, cultural and lifestyle properties
- An understanding of talent partnerships, adaptive sports and syndicated research platforms (i.e. UGov; Nielsen) is preferred, but not required.
Success in Role Looks Like..
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working independently and with multiple partners
- Superior organizational skills and ability to problem solve/work effectively under pressure
- Strong communicator in all written and verbal forms
- Essential duties are performed onsite in the New York City office a minimum of 3 days per week plus any additional travel
- Some travel and non-standard hours required
Salary Range: $65,000 - $90,000
SPORTFIVE is providing the compensation range it might pay for this position. The rate of pay offered will be dependent on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location.
Working at SPORTFIVE provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision and retirement savings.
Affordable medical premiums starting at $29.43 per month.
Employees start at 10 vacation days per year (increasing with seniority) plus 20 paid holidays
401(k) with matching up to $4,000 per year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.