FIFA and the Qatar LOC has created a new Joint Venture, which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
The Accommodation Coordinator supports the Manager with the implementation of the appropriate accommodation plans for the different FIFA target groups and helps to maintain an excellent relationship and smooth communication with local hospitality industry.
- Collaborate in collecting and managing the contractual data from the Qatar Hospitality Industry.
- Assist in defining the Football World Cup 2022 client accommodation allocation plan.
- Assist in defining and implementing accommodation booking procedures.
- Assist in room inventory management of client groups according to FIFA allocation polices and requirement.
- Support in planning and delivering of necessary workshops with local market and relevant stakeholders.
- Support in the development of operating concepts in collaboration with the relevant hotels.
- Support other functions in communicating accommodation information to the FIFA constituent groups whenever required.
- Issue resolution for all related to accommodation matters during the Football World Cup.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum experience of 6 years in the hospitality industry and accommodation management at mega international sport events.
- Excellent customer service experience
- High level of presentation and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Strong IT skill including MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Must be fluent in English, other languages are an added benefit
- Ability to work both independently and lead a team
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence