PR Account Manager
We are looking to hire an energetic and ambitious PR Manager to work on fully integrated campaigns across the sport and lifestyle sectors. We are a growing agency, started in October 2016, with global clients across the partnerships industry.
Our ideal new team member will be a strong PR Manager who has excellent public relations experience and a passion for seeing positive client coverage in both the traditional and digital media. You will need to be familiar with the national and regional daily, broadcast and periodical media as well as relevant social media platforms and how to use all platforms to develop truly integrated campaigns.
We need someone who is highly organised, confident with exceptional time management skills and attention to detail. The right person will have excellent personal skills, able to work closely with the agency team, our network of partners and associates and client roster. They can multi-task and work under pressure as this is a fast-paced environment, enjoy taking ownership of their work whilst also fitting seamlessly and collaboratively as part of the wider team.
To be successful in this role, you will...
- Have great media relations experience and contacts
- Be confident driving campaigns forward
- Understand how to create impactful stories
- Be a strategic thinker with creative ideas
- Be knowledgeable on and connected with a wide spectrum of broadcast, print, online and social media influencers and journalists
- Not be afraid to pick up the phone and pitch in a story
- Ideally have experience working with sport and lifestyle clients
- Able to build relationships with senior stakeholders, clients and team members
- Commercially aware of new business opportunities
- For one client, a knowledge of sailing and equestrian sports would be of use, but not a necessity – it’s about having a thirst and passion to learn
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Day to day media liaison across sport, lifestyle and trade media as well as press office management
- Campaign planning and creative ideation
- Creation of proactive and creative media opportunities
- Take a lead in the development and creation of client content, including the management of the production process through to final client approval
- Press release and writing articles
- Client management and reporting
- Digital and social content planning and implementation
- Support the broader marketing activity of Mallory Group through external events, PR and social media activity and new business presentations
Skills / experience required:
- 3-4 years’ experience within sport and lifestyle PR
- Strong editorial skills and creative expression through written copy, presentations and video content
- Strong processes around management of media lists, client reporting, media analytics and evaluation
- Proven social and digital experience – ability to create and lead campaigns
- Clear understanding of what makes exceptional work – consistently delivering for the client with robust agency best practices
- Awareness of business development opportunities and ability to create leads for the business
- Ability to flex with the requirements of the agency – from high level client exposure to more mundane but important administrative requirements
- Must be personable, proactive, flexible and organised
- Assured but modest in the presence of the agency team and client
- Entrepreneurial spirit - an ability to shape the future
- An individual who is respected through the quality of their work and willingness to go above and beyond
- A good team player and an energetic personality who the team and client love working with
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days’ holiday (not including Bank holidays)
- A company commitment to training and development
- Refer a friend and new business incentives
- The ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Some international travel may be required
- Start date: immediate for the right candidate
Mallory Group background
Mallory Group is an integrated creative communications agency that solves business challenges through partnerships in areas people are passionate about: sport, entertainment, culture & cause.
We design and deliver award-winning communications strategies working with rights-holders, brands and personalities around the world.
Mallory Group strives to create unforgettable experiences for its partners and their customers, built on the principles that great people coupled with a great working environment will prosper to create ground-breaking work.
We pride ourselves on being passionate, dynamic, bold, perceptive and understanding. We want to continually challenge ourselves and our clients. We are on the hunt for distinctive, proactive, fun-loving and diligent individuals who can add their own personality to the offering of the agency.