Project Manager (m/f/d)
|Sector||Leisure & Health|
|Function||Events & Operations, Event Planning & Competition Management|
For our IRONMAN Office based in Kalmar, Sweden, we are actively looking for a highly motivated, fluent English speaking
Project Manager (m/f/d)
IRONMAN are recruiting a Project Manager to work with our Swedish events based out of the Kalmar office. Working as part of an expanding operations team in Sweden and the region of Northern Europe & CIS and reporting to the Regional Operations Director, the Project Manager will be involved in the planning, directing and execution of the events across all aspects of course, venue, logistics and operations delivery. Opportunities to work at events across EMEA region and worldwide will also be available.
· Act as head of operations across key race functions – swim, bike, run & venues – to deliver world class mass participation events
· Operational and logistics planning and management of events
· Stakeholder liaison including police, authorities, city councils, community groups and businesses
· Supplier sourcing, negotiation and management
· Drafting of detailed event/ course documentation (incl course maps, schedules, risk assessments, operational, venue layouts and participant documentation)
· Assist with budget management
· Volunteer management and liaison with sportsclubs
· Event/ partner/ sponsor signage and branding liaison and execution
· Management of temporary staff at events
· Work as part of the core operations team across Sweden and the region of Northern Europe & CIS and input into team initiatives
Skills and competencies
· Must understand and have a strong interest in event management in the sports industry
· Previous experience in mass participation events a distinct advantage
· Previous experience in project management
· A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a hands-on approach
· Strong attention to detail
· Full driving licence is essential
· A willingness to work event weekends and travel internationally.
· Fluent in English both written and spoken
A contract will be made on the basis of a full time employment and for an indefinite time period. We are looking forward to receiving your application and CV in English language including your salary expectations and your notice period.
IRONMAN Limited are the organisers of IRONMAN events in the UK and Ireland.