WTTC Project Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
REMUNERATION: The WTTC Project Manager will be paid a remuneration, based on skillset, experience, and place of residency. The Consultant undertakes to respect all fiscal and social legislation, particularly those in force in their country of residence. In particular, the ITTF will not pay any social charges, as the Consultant is acting in an independent capacity
CONSULTANCY PERIOD: The WTTC Project Manager position is offered for one year, with an evaluation period of three months.
LOCATION: The position will be preferably based in the ITTF Asia-Pacific offices in Singapore, but other flexible arrangements will be considered. Applicants should be willing to work as required, rather than regular office hours, due to the nature of the work required for the job.
MANAGER: The WTTC Project Manager will report to the Competition Director.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITY: The WTTC Project Manager will be ultimately responsible to finalise and implement the new structure of the WTTC events, from regional to final stage, manage the coordination with continents and overall to assist in professionalizing ITTF events, supporting the ITTF’s goal of becoming a top Olympic sport.
Manage the establishment and implementation of WTTC events and coordinate the smooth incorporation of all events, by working towards achieving the following objectives:
- Work with the ITTF’s future events consultancy firm in finalising a clear structure for the new ITTF WTTC events.
- Work with the continents in finalising the details for regional and continental events.
- Assist in finalising the events manuals and other documents for the implementation of all events.
- Liaise with the Marketing Department on the details of all events, for an appealing event structure.
- Coordinate the bidding process and communications with potential host cities.
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of the new WTTC events.
- Coordinate a frequent and timely evaluation of the new WTTC events.
- Maintain close contact and communication with Local Organising Committees (LOC).
- Liaise with all different stakeholders of an event ie. ITTF, LOC, National Associations, as needed.
- Work closely with ITTF Staff from different departments for the successful planning and delivery of events.
- Control and maintain event processes, people and tasks.
- Provide feedback internally for improving events.
- Other duties as required by the Competitions Department.
Candidates for the positions of ITTF WTTC Project Manager should demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary education in Sports Management, or Business;
- Experience working within sport competition management;
- Experience working within table tennis or other racket sports;
- Experience in managing projects;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Organisational skills and ability to work with people from different nations and backgrounds;
- Readiness to work irregular and long hours during events;
- Sound Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Professional capacity to work in multiple languages, in particular English. Other languages like Chinese, French, Spanish etc will be considered a plus.
- Experience within the sport of Table Tennis.
All applications must be made through the online application form on ITTF.com, and will only be accepted until 30th May 2019.
The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)
The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) is responsible for the global sport of table tennis. It is the largest international federation in the world with 226 member associations.