Senior Lead Qualifications & Learning Design
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
This role is accountable for the strategic design and delivery of an appropriate range of outstanding qualifications which support FA Education’s mission to successfully ‘power the football workforce’. The role includes the development, design and quality assurance of all qualifications through a blended learning model that places the learner at the centre.
- Lead on and manage the qualification framework for FA Education, ensuring coherence, consistency and effective integration across courses and through the learning pathways;
- Regularly review the qualification landscape to assess suitability and effectiveness;
- Regularly review our approach to design and delivery of learning to ensure suitability for the modern learner and the modern game;
- Develop a QA strategy across FA Education courses;
- Ensure compliance with the requirements for regulation of individual qualifications as required by UK and UEFA qualification regulators;
- Plan and co-ordinate qualification development and assessment projects and manage all stakeholders to ensure effective delivery and cost effectiveness;
- Work with appropriate leads of coach development and other stakeholders to recruit subject experts with the range of skills appropriate for the development of qualification content and co-ordinate their activity;
- Oversee the production of course and assessment materials;
- Line manage the qualification development and learning design teams;
- Further develop FA Education’s approach to learning design and learning technologies to support modern learners and FA Education’s aim to develop a strong learning culture;
- Ensure process, procedures, documentation and governance are embedded and adhered to for all content projects and initiatives;
- Work with the Head of Learner Insight and Coach Development to develop a suite of CPD courses and experiences to support learners and their learning journey and to develop their expertise and insight
What we are looking for:
- A Masters Degree in education / learning design / similar related area, or equivalent experience.
- Learning & Development expertise with a minimum 5 years’ experience in role(s) in similar organisation(s)
- Significant experience in implementing the instructional design process, to include design, delivery, assessment and measurement
- Experience of researching, designing and launching new qualifications and/or educational programmes
- Data analysis and interpretation (numerical and non-numerical)
- Detailed knowledge of contemporary learning theory and its practical application, with the ability to identify, tailor and apply good practice into content as it is identified
- Significant experience in effectively managing a team to successfully deliver against objectives
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to inspire others and work effectively with wide range of professional colleagues in a transparent and open manner
- Solution focused
- Structured and process orientated – can manage large projects from conception to delivery
- Proven ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Resilient and adaptable – ability to deal with challenging requests and flex personal style to deal with changes
- Experience in a sporting club / association setting
- Experience of working with an awarding organisation
- Strong understanding of the coaching environment
- Strong project management experience
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.