Account Director - Bridgestone Olympic Sponsorship
1 day left
- Full Time
Golazo Sports, one of Europe’s leading sports marketing companies, is looking for an experienced Account Director to manage its client relationship with Bridgestone Europe for the implementation and activation of its Olympic sponsorship in the EMEA region.
Golazo is a sports marketing agency with 12 offices in 6 countries and 335 experts. Originally formed in 1991 by Olympic athlete and sports marketer, Bob Verbeeck, Golazo has experienced an annual growth rate of 25% since 2014. The company’s mission is a simple one. Let’s make everyone move for at least 30 minutes every day! Golazo works with brands to maximize their ROI from sports and sponsorship through key areas of expertise: Events, Consultancy, Well-being, Media, Ambassadors and Hospitality.
Bridgestone is the world’s largest tyre company and became a “TOP Sponsor” of the International Olympic Committee in 2014. Working with Golazo, Bridgestone has implemented a stakeholder programme of ambassadorship, events and well-being to bring the sponsorship alive and meet company objectives. Today, Golazo is searching for an experienced Account Director to support the account team and implement the programme.
Based in Golazo’s Paris office, the Account Director has the task of managing the French account on a day-to-day basis and assist the Senior Project Director in the pan-European delivery.
This essentially involves leading the account team in France and overviewing the other European offices, liaising with the client and partner agencies across Europe and ensuring that campaigns are executed to the highest standards whilst meeting clear objectives.
In their client management role, the Account Director will need to obtain the full confidence of the client whilst acting as an expert in strategic and operational programme management. In addition to their role on the Bridgestone account, the Account Director will play pro-active role in business development with Golazo Consulting, particularly considering the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
- Oversee strategic and operational development of the client’s Olympic activations
- Manage the account team to successfully implement the above activations
- Manage the account budget ensuring that the budget is adhered to and reported to the client on an on-going basis
- Assist with development of project SOW and monitor the delivery of it
- Liaise with client on a day-to-day basis
- Monitor and report ROI of the programme
- Work alongside other partner agencies to ensure clear and concise inter-agency communication and actions
- Develop campaign plans, evaluations, reports, written materials for client to the highest standard
- Work with Golazo Consulting to develop new sponsorship & activation new business
Does this sound like you? Then you could have the perfect profile if:
- You have Pan-European Client relationship management experience
- You can plan and strategize at a senior level
- You are a persuasive, confident thinker able to stand their own in a complex client/agency dynamic
- You love the team dynamic, but you can also work on your own
- You are an effective and efficient team manager
- You are attentive to detail and you have strong financial & budgeting mind
- You thrive in the creative process and digital marketing techniques
- You are passionate about sports
- You are patient and calm under pressure
- You’re fluent in English and French and any additional European language is advantageous
- You love to travel and are flexible in your work schedule
- You work hard, play hard
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a European marketing agency
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an AD in a Sponsorship, Marketing or Creative agency role
- Exceptional project management and organisational skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Account Director role
- Proven track record of working with a global brand in multiple European markets
- Experience or knowledge of working with sponsorship properties (campaigns or traditional sponsorship activations)
- The Account Director will report to Golazo’s International Consulting Lead based in Brussels.
- Golazo Paris Office
- Applications will be considered for full-time employment or for full-time freelance
- The package is competitive and is dependent on experience
- 1st June 2019