Senior Event Executive
CSM exists to create impact by challenging convention. We do this because it produces work for our clients that is more meaningful, memorable and measurable.
Our diversity of experience, expertise and opinions is our greatest asset, which is why we celebrate our differences. We are looking for individuals who want to put their hand up and challenge convention to create something exciting, bigger and better each and every time.
What you will be doing:
We have an established account with a successful Supermarket chain and have been commissioned to run multiple live events from May - Nov 2019.
To plan, manage and implement each event within a specified format, ensuring a smooth and efficient end to end process of all project aspects. Taking responsibility for suppliers, locations, equipment and on-site activation management. The role will be split approximately 30% of the time on activation planning and delivery and 70% on location/travelling to a location.
- Development, production and delivery of all event activations from proposal right up to delivery
- Delivering each event on time, within the agreed format and within budget
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on each and every event
- Liaising with all regional and local client contacts to ensure they fully understand the implementation, and provide sampling produce
- Attending client meetings and feeding back positive relevant information.
- Managing supplier relationships
- Managing all operational and administrative functions to ensure each event is delivered efficiently
- Being responsible for project budget from start to finish
- Sourcing and managing all aspects of event collateral and staffing, to include branding, giveaways, and sampling equipment
- Onsite management of activity, staff, sampling and giveaways
- Thorough and concise event reporting and management of data capture
- Use initiative and be proactive in the workplace and when undertaking tasks
- Manage and prioritise workload effectively
- Keep records of correspondence to all clients and suppliers
- Ensure the company procedures are adhered to at all times, producing accurate and timely reports, timing plans, budgets and billing schedule as required
Essential attributes of successful candidate – role related
- Ability to juggle several tasks at once and consistently deliver high-quality work to tight timescales
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, suppliers, and colleagues
- Ability to think around issues by providing solutions, not problems!
- High proficiency in numeracy and literacy
- Strong project management skills
- Consumer-facing skills
- Prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to meet challenges and quickly deliver workable solutions in demanding environments
- Financial performance to budgets and adherence to spending authorities and financial policies
- Calm under pressure
- Able to work weekends throughout the contract duration
- Clean driving licence
- Acceptance of some anti-social/long hours
Essential ‘personal’ qualities valued by CSM Live
- Ability to take responsibility for your own work
- Self-esteem, confidence and strength of character
- Flexibility - a willingness to pick up tasks for others
- Quick to learn, and keen to develop
- Ability to influence people to provide what you require of them while maintaining good relationships with them
- Attention to detail
- Ability to fit into the character of the company whilst still bringing individuality
Technical skills and Knowledge/Experience
- Experience of event management and onsite activation exposure
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- Knowledge of MS Outlook