IT Infrastructure Manager
FIFA and the Qatar LOC have created a new Joint Venture which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
The IT Infrastructure Manager is the focal point for all Infrastructure & Operations related deliverables of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC and is the key liaison with the central FIFA Infrastructure & Operations team.
- Ensure all aspects of the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) services (Network, Infrastructure, Security & Operations, Digital Workplace, End-user support) are implemented according to FIFA requirements
- Coordinate and follow-up with various providers, ministries, and government entities in relation to ensuring delivery of Infrastructure & Operations services as per agreed service levels
- Ensure that all information pertaining to infrastructure, services and spaces needed for the delivery and support of Infrastructure & Operations services are communicated to, and understood, by venue/site authorities and respective delivery teams
- Ensure Infrastructure & Operations tasks are completed on scope, within budget and schedule
- Effectively manage stakeholders and perform adequate communication with relevant parties
- Asset tracking and management of all active network equipment
- Support in developing the network design for each stadium based on the technology needs assessment and legacy infrastructure
- Plan in collaboration with FIFA and the Host Country relevant parties (private and governmental) for the central support and monitoring of the network and services during the tournament and Competition Related Events
- Work with the Event IT team to manage the progress of structural build-out and infrastructure implementation leading up to the timely availability of components and services and including the commissioning and final decommissioning of the venues
- Provide input to monitor progress and risk management reporting for IT operations
- Provide input to the IT master delivery plan
- Participate in the IT readiness program