Organisation: Liverpool Football Club
Role: Graphic Designer
Location: Hong Kong
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to change the course of your career and life…
The football industry is one of the most interesting and fastest changing industries – technology and evolving customer behaviours are driving market forces like never before. Exceptional talent has the opportunity to shine and thrive in one of the most rewarding sectors around.
Liverpool Football Club is an iconic Club with over 100 years of footballing success including 5 European Cups, 18 League titles and 7 FA Cups. The Club has a reputation for excellence on and off the pitch and is proud of its heritage and traditions. With a global following and a brand to match, the Club regularly competes for honours in the most popular League in the world.
Privately owned and backed by Fenway Sports Group since 2010, the Club is in a unique position to leverage its brand and expand its commercial opportunities nationally and internationally.
Provide effective day-to-day management of the entire partnership development process, acting as the “glue” which binds the Partnerships Development Team together.
To build engaging graphical presentation assets in both digital and printed format. This role will be instrumental in developing business proposals on a day to day basis, but also in shaping new and innovative ways to engage with blue chip brands, ensuring Liverpool FC’s competitive pitches stand out from the crowd.
- Work closely with the Partnership Sales team to develop engaging bespoke creative for presentations and other assets to attract significant new brands and partnerships
- Able to successfully interpret project briefs (by set timescales) and suggest creative ideas, identify potential problems and provide suitable alternatives, where appropriate
- Ensure all creative adheres to style guidelines, articulates brand objectives and presents the Club’s sales approach in a concise fashion
- Liaise with third parties in the preparation and delivery of design briefs for high profile presentations; provide creative input on final deliverables
- Stay ahead of trends and new ideas and apply these into appealing visual designs for the Club
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven commercial design track record gained working within a fast paced creative environment, either at an agency or within an in-house creative team
- Extensive experience of designing copy layout and graphics for print publications
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign as well as other software, such as Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 onwards
- Able to interpret and build upon initial briefs by presenting and pitching ideas effectively to colleagues; able to convey difficult or complex ideas or concepts in a clear and engaging manner
- Has excellent client/customer service delivery skills, with a good level of industry awareness
- Likes to engage and challenge the norm; demonstrates a creative flair and innovative approach
- Excellent problem diagnosis and analytical skills; with an ability to resolve issues effectively
- Understands the need for documentation and well-defined procedures
- Can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, whilst also being able to follow instructions and provide support to the Partnerships sales team
- Essential - excellent written and verbal communication skills - English and Mandarin or Cantonese.
Contact & How to Apply:
To apply candidates should send the following:
- Letter of application highlighting your motivation for the post and relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
- Details of current remuneration
- Names and contact details for three referees (referees will not be contacted until final interview stage)