|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
Closing date: 24 May 2019 - please note that early closure may apply subject to applications received.
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We are passionate about making football accessible ‘For All’, made possible by talented people across a variety of business areas.
We have big ambitions. Ensuring The Emirates FA Cup, which provides fans across the country with memories that will last a lifetime, remains the world’s premier cup competition; that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be two world-class venues we are proud to call home, and achieving success with each of our 24 national sides are all among our objectives.
Why you should apply:
We see our apprenticeship programme as a gateway into a career at The FA, and moreover, an opportunity to gain experience in a real job within a multifaceted organisation. From day one, you will be involved in a range of projects which are vital to the development and success of English football; you will quickly learn how our business works and gain skills that will both kick start your career, and help you to achieve your ambitions in years to come. Your professional and personal development is important to us, and we are committed to supporting your on-the-job training alongside your formal qualifications. If you are looking for a challenging apprenticeship within a progressive, motivating and supportive environment, the Football Association is the place for you.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Marketing Apprentice you will help to support and grow grassroots football in England. This role will primarily support the Grassroots Marketing Manager in raising awareness of our main grassroots football programmes. Twenty percent of the role will also support our Content Team, who manages our website and social media channels. You will be involved in:
- Assisting Grassroots Marketing Manager to deliver marketing tool kits for partners such as County FA’s.
- Supportig Grassroots Marketing Manager to develop joint marketing plans with grassroots sponsors such as McDonald’s, PayPal & Mars.
- Learn how to use our email system, and create and send weekly email updates for our new grassroots apps (FA Matchday, FA SuperKicks etc.)
- Understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns across our website, social media & email channels. Create reports on marketing effectiveness and learn how to make recommendations to improve it.
- Work with our website and social media teams to help update Trello, our content calendar tool (training will be provided).
- Using reporting tools such as Hootsuite and Talkwalker, work with the social media team to pull together reports on social media performance, establishing content that’s working and not working (training will be provided).
What you’ll gain:
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, hardworking entry level apprentice to join The FA and forge a career in Marketing. From day one the apprentice will undertake meaningful, value adding work which will assist the whole Marketing function and give the apprentice an overview of the entire Marketing division. This will be an 18 month opportunity; in line with your role you will study towards a Level 4 Business Administration Diploma (equivalent to a Foundation Degree).
Who we are looking for:
While you will need at least three A-Levels (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, we are looking for you to have standout interpersonal, teamwork and organisational skills, with a level of drive and motivation that sets you apart from others. Our values are extremely important to us, and we expect you to be an ambassador of these. You may be surprised to know that being a football fan is not a prerequisite of working for the FA. What’s more important is your passion, interest and commitment to the varied work that we do, and the objectives that we are aiming to achieve.
- Educated to A-Level standard
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good analytical skills
- An excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Ability to create presentations and present to peers
- Ability to create and write reports
- Knowledge of grassroots football (possibly having played or volunteered).
- An interest in any aspects of marketing- particularly digital marketing including apps, websites, social media and email marketing.
Please note that university graduates or those qualified beyond Level 3 (equivalent to A Level) are not eligible to apply for our apprenticeship programme.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.