Equestrian Rider (Beas River Equestrian Centre) (Ref: 20002702)
|Location||Hong Kong, Asia|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Technical & Elite Performance|
Our Equestrian Affairs Department aims to fulfil the Club’s vision to promote riding as a sport and raise participation at all levels, from beginner through to elite. It oversees the management of four equestrian centres, including the Member’s facility at the Beas River Country Club and three public riding schools at Tuen Mun, Pok Fu Lam and Lei Yue Mun. The Beas River Equestrian Centre (BREC), being the largest in Hong Kong, houses 250 horses and provides world class facilities including a riding school, livery yard, competition centre, rehabilitation and retraining unit (RTU), as well as a spelling unit for Hong Kong’s racehorses.
- be reporting daily to the Chief Riding Instructor and Retraining Unit Officer
- assist with the assessment and planning of re-training activity for horses recently retired from racing
- plan suitable exercise and training programs to adapt the horses to their new careers as riding horses
- undertake daily exercise and training of the horses both under saddle and from the ground
- assist where necessary during the Veterinary Surgeon's visits and the management of horses
- school and exercise livery horses according to supervisor's instruction
- help and supervise the Equestrian Assistants in the work with horses
- travel with horses between riding schools as required
- perform any other tasks as assigned by management
- be an experienced horse person with a background in handling and riding difficult horses
- have a good knowledge of training methods for re-schooling horses both under saddle and from the ground
- have experience of working with thoroughbreds / race horses
- be a team player but able to work on own initiative
- preferably be a fluent speaker of English; good communication of Cantonese will be an advantage
- be a holder of first aid certificate
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 8/F, Sha Tin Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, New Territories, Hong Kong; or email to email@example.com or fax to (852)2966-6984.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.