About the role
The Security Managers will be responsible for development, coordination and delivery of security plans and operations for the T20WC within a defined portfolio of Host Cities. Reporting to the Head of Security, these roles will be the security lead during tournament time within their allocated Host Cities to ensure all key stakeholders work together for the delivery of safe and secure Tournaments for players, match officials, spectators, workforce and all client groups.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced security professional to assist in the planning, management and safe delivery of both the women’s and men’s events, spanning 13 venues across Australia in the same year!
- You have proven experience in successfully managing a major sporting event security environment, including the development of security plans
- You have a proven ability to establish, maintain and positively leverage stakeholder relationships across all Tournament venues, Host Cities and with other internal Functional Areas
- You are a strong communicator with sound negotiation skills, who enjoys partnering with a wide variety of stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes
- You have a working knowledge of safety and security threats and proven experience of working effectively within the Australian national security threat environment
- You are extremely organised, with strong planning skills, attention to detail and an ability to problem solve in a fast-changing environment
- You are motivated, driven and calm under pressure
To be successful in this role, you must be someone who enjoys working in a high energy, innovative, collaborative and fast paced setting, and is not afraid of hard work. Your extensive experience to date will have equipped you with the ability to create and deliver innovative solutions to help us deliver a Spectacular Celebration in 2020!
Come and join us in delivering one of the biggest sporting events in the world!
The ICC T20 World Cup is cricket’s ultimate prize in the fastest growing and most accessible format of the game. T20 is the vehicle to attract new, more diverse and younger audiences to the game.
In 2020, Australia has a unique opportunity to host this major global event – two World Cups in the same year! The eyes of the world will be on Australia as the 10 best women’s teams and 16 best men’s teams, compete to be crowned world champions. This will be the first time that the ICC T20 World Cup has been held in Australia and follows the highly successful ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, staged across Australia and New Zealand, which delivered record-breaking attendances, visitation and global television audiences.
Keen to join our team?
To apply, please email your cover letter and two page CV detailing your suitability and expectations.
Please note: all applications will close at midnight AEST on Sunday 5 May 2019
Due to high volumes of applications, we unfortunately will only be in touch with successful candidates.
The T20WC offer a competitive salary package, employee benefits, flexible working conditions and a fun working environment.
We embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We value diversity. We encourage all people to apply for this role.
Applicants must be able to obtain legal working rights in Australia.