New Business Intern
Major Events international are seeking an intern to work in our busy London office supporting the small sales team maximise revenue from the Major Events Summit, which will be held at Villa Park June 26th/27th. You’ll need to come too, of course! You will be embedded within the team and will have the opportunity to hone your research skills, connect with clients and, most importantly, learn from some of the best new business professionals in the business.
Must have 1: Must be UK based currently;
Must have 2: Must be able to start May 7th
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE ABOVE 2 MUST HAVES!
Other must haves:
Resilience; good telephone manner; English as a first language; sense of humour; strong work ethic; a passion to impress.
Nice to have
Tele marketing experience; interest in sport
Major Events International (MEI) is a central London based business focusing on the business of winning and running major sporting and music events. MEI supports expert supplier companies, sport competition host cities and government agencies in a market which includes the Olympics, World Cups and significant international regional sports completions. We work with major sports federations and governing bodies.
Portfolio services include: Membership of a community of expert sports event suppliers, summits, seminars, overseas market visits and publications.
- To build a pipeline of new contacts from data mining and research in the UK and internationally to introduce MEI services by e mail and telephone contact.
- To own the quality of CRM prospect database tracking: ensuring rigorous and timely action is taken reporting daily, weekly and at monthly business reviews.
- To telephone prospects to establish an interest in attending the Summit and close delegate spaces
- To develop your skills to present in a face to face capacity.
- Any other reasonable requests made by the COO
- Not necessary, but some telesales experience preferable
Essential Qualities Needed For Role
- Resilience, tenacity, and willingness to learn telesales
- Aptitude for hard work
- Positive mental attitude
- Perfect English- both written and spoken
- Based in London, or prepared to relocate
- Legal status of working in the UK
Highly Desirable Qualities
- Highly organised, backed by outstanding communication skills and able to sustain accurate reports in the CRM system and timely follow ups.
- Determination to succeed and grow in the role for additional responsibilities and promotion.
- Personable; a team player with ambition.
- Knowledge of Capsule