Media Account Manager
Purpose of the job
CAA Eleven’s Media unit is responsible for the sales of broadcast rights (Media Sales) and the account management and rights delivery for UEFA broadcast partners (Media Account Management).
As part of the Media Account Management team, the Media Account Manager will be responsible for providing continuous support to selected broadcasters to enhance their exploitation of rights and commercial activation while respecting UEFA contractual framework. The Media Account Manager will also lead in the implementation of dedicated projects related to the account management of the broadcast partners.
• Responsible of day-to-day account management of certain UEFA broadcast partners.
• Lead certain project(s) within the account management team which could include (new) commercialisation streams, digital & social media exploitation, etc.
• Understand, apply and enhance the media account management policies in the delivery of services to UEFA broadcast partners.
• Guide UEFA broadcast partners to maximise their rights acquisition by providing support and tailored solutions to dedicated UEFA broadcast partners.
• Build a strong business relationship with UEFA and UEFA broadcast partners.
• Bachelor and/or Master degree in sports, media, sales or advertising (business school or university degree).
• Five to Eight years’ experience in the sports media and/or broadcaster media field.
• Proven experience in content commercialisation via multiple platforms (e.g. broadcast, digital, social media).
• Proven experience in commercial implementation for a major sports broadcaster is an advantage
Business know-how and IT-skills
• Excellent understanding of the media landscape and related sports consumption/exploitation.
• Excellent understanding of the different revenue streams and commercialisation possibilities for broadcasters in all platforms
• Excellent understanding of the broadcasters needs in the sports rights sector.
• IT-literate (MS Office, presentation tools).
• Proven knowledge of sports media landscape and excellent understanding of global sports rights.
• Proven experience in client facing and service delivery with impeccable track record.
• Demonstrable understanding of working structures and internal processes of a sports broadcaster.
• Clear understanding of the different refinancing opportunities available to broadcasters and specifically in the digital & social media landscape.
• Excellent communication skills: a high standard of written and spoken English with an attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills: able to work under pressure and keep sense of priority.
• Excellent team spirit: cooperates well with colleagues and clients.
• Solution-oriented: capacity to analyse situations and to pro-actively propose solutions.
• Client-orientated: be reliable and build strong relationship with clients.
• Flexible: ability to adapt to changing environment.
• Confidentiality: manages sensible information with care.
• Culture: multicultural education or experience.
• Fluent in English (English-language mother tongue is a real advantage)
• Another non-European language is an advantage.