|Location||Hong Kong, Asia|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
Reporting to the Head Skating Coach, the Skating Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To coordinate, implement and oversee different training programmes of elite figure skating athletes in Hong Kong;
- Responsible for choreography and daily training of the elite figure skating athletes;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To monitor athlete performance through comprehensive, multi-method assessment and regular evaluation;
- To provide timely and critically analyzed progress reports to the HKSI and Hong Kong Skating Union;
- To be responsible for administrative matters related to local and overseas squad training and competitions;
- To supervise Assistant Coaches and part-time coaches; and
- To assist the HKSI and Hong Kong Skating Union with coach education programmes.
- University degree or its equivalent;
- Holder of a recognized coaching qualification equivalent to Hong Kong Coach Accreditation Programme Level 3 Certificate;
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional coaching experience and proven record of achievement in coaching figure skating athletes at national level or its equivalent;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer literacy; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: hrdept@ hksi.org.hk on or before 24 April 2019. Please quote reference no. GS-20190411-SKC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (HKSI)
The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results.