Business Development Executive
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Commercial Sales & Sponsorship|
The sports industry is now a truly global business with GlobalSportsJobs firmly positioned as the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform across Europe, The Middle East and Asia partnering sports organisations looking to either sustain or accelerate growth in both their local and international markets. Our four digital platforms (English, French, German and Mandarin) provide clients with the opportunity to engage directly with 200,000+ talented professionals across all functions and sectors.
The role is:
- Undertake new business development activities to achieve objectives and sales targets including outbound telephoning, face 2 face/virtual client meetings, networking at industry events through to contributing in marketing campaigns.
- Proactively self-generate, grow and close sales opportunities across a range of new business prospects.
- Manage an opportunity through the sales process, from initial lead generation or follow up, through to qualification, proposal and eventual closure.
- Foster and nurture relationships with new customers, build rapport over time resulting in cross selling opportunities and excellent renewal and extension rates
- Manage a sales pipeline, recording all key opportunity information and where required to forecast your pipeline accurately to the sales manager
- Attend industry events in order to increase the presence of GlobalSportsJobs in the marketplace, generate business leads and to gain a better individual understanding of the sports industry
- Log up to date and accurate information on the CRM system
You are someone that brings:
- 18 months+ of experience in new business sales, with a track record of selling to B2B customers, ideally using a consultative sales approach.
- A self-starting and confident personality, with strong sales and rapport building skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence with credibility and effectiveness at all levels of our client’s organisations, including executive and C-level.
- Fluency in written and verbal English, a second language would be desirable.
- An innovative and proactive approach to working, who is not afraid to suggest new ideas
- A passion and understanding for the business of sport.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and HubSpot CRM (Desirable)
GlobalSportsJobs is the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform for the international sports industry, helping organisations across all sectors source a greater quality and diversity of talent.