Regional Development Officer - Victoria (Goulburn Murray & North Eastern) - Golf Australia
- Work directly with clubs/facilities and district associations
- Support golf club participation growth and good governance
- Goulburn Murray & North Eastern Victoria region
- Work from home plus travel throughout the region
Golf Australia is the national governing body for golf in Australia with a goal to raise the level of interest and participation in the game from grassroots golfers through to the elite levels, spectators, volunteers and associated industry bodies.
Golf Australia is currently going through a significant period of change as an organisation as a result of the incorporation of state golf member associations into the national governing body of golf through the One Golf process.
Reporting to the Golf Development Senior Manager - Victoria, the Regional Development Officer will work directly with clubs/facilities and district associations in the Goulburn Murray & North Eastern Victoria region to:
- Implement programs within Australian golf’s participation pathway
- Increase participation and membership within clubs/facilities
- Increase the quantity and quality of coaches and officials
- Provide support to clubs/facilities within the areas of member recruitment/retention, governance, funding, programs, volunteer strategies, inclusion and female engagement
- Accurately record local membership, participation and key club/facility benchmarking data
The role will suit candidates experienced in a sport development role or alternatively have a sales background working remotely and on the road. Demonstrated experience engaging and influencing external stakeholders is required, as is the ability to form effective working relationships with a varied range of groups and people. Candidates must be able to work independently to deliver KPIs, with excellent organisation and time management skills in order to prioritise tasks across daily, weekly and long-term organisation objectives.
A golfing background is not considered essential, however candidates must have a passion for sport and an understanding of the Australian golf landscape.
With the flexibility to work from a home base within the region, significant travel throughout the Goulburn Murray & North Eastern Victoria region will be required to visit clubs and facilities. A fully maintained motor vehicle and tools of trade (laptop and mobile phone) will be included in the remuneration package.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Australia.