Sports Campaign Executive
H+K is seeking a passionate, proactive and organized professional to join our rapidly growing Sports + Entertainment team across the Middle East Region with a specific campaign executive position in support of the Local Organizing Committee of IAAF World Athletics Championships 2019, as well as a limited portfolio of clients.
The regional role requires flexibility and will be mainly based in Doha, as a hub and home office due to the requirements of the focal client IAAF LOC, who are located in Qatar and who require significant face to face time. The successful candidate can expect to help executive a live LOC press office function during the IAAF World Athletics Championship in Doha 2019, (August – September 2019) alongside other major events and global brands.
A Campaign Executive at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) puts plans into action! With your expanding contact list of media, influencers and industry, your colleagues and clients rely on you as a valued member of the team that makes things happen and creates impact.
You are continuing to develop your core skills through training and coaching and have plenty of opportunity to explore disciplines and practice areas through project activity. At Executive level, you are expected to demonstrate the ability to work independently and as an effective member of a well-functioning team, taking responsibility for day-to-day activation of items on the client WIP.
At this level, you will contribute to the strategy and planning, so lots of avenues for creative thinking and new ideas. You will have a client-facing role and be accountable for daily deliverables of high-quality work.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Be an integral part of the account team by taking ownership of tasks on the Work In Progress report (WIP) including media and online research, maintaining media and influencer lists, monitoring media and compiling accurate coverage reports, as well as effectively pitching news to media, securing media opportunities for clients and administering product review programmes
- Assist with preparation, delivery and follow up of announcements and events, including press conferences, media/analyst/influencer briefings, social events, product launch events
- Demonstrate creativity, understanding and attention to detail through the ability to create client-ready content, including press releases, articles, speeches, executive speaking points and briefing documents, social media calendar and content, interview transcripts/summaries and activity reports
- Continue development of language skills for Arabic consultants; including expertise in originating core content for different platforms, localising materials to the Arabic language and audience, and working with the translation team to improve client-ready content
- Understand and be conversationally competent on popular social media channels; how they work, their audience and purpose, the services they offer and how to optimise content to drive results
- Take ownership of day-to-day community management, including conversations and posts; flag issues/potential issues arising on social channels to account lead
- Establish an understanding of influencer mapping and ability to create a list of relevant key influencers for a client or project
- Draft a creative brief and work with designers, producers and other specialists from concept to final product
- Extract information and compile reports from social tools including Sherlock, Facebook Analytics, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics and Sysomos
- Create accurate and clear reports for all channels, such as tracker reports, conversation/topic analyses, ad campaign reports, community management and coverage reports
- Research client and competitor products and services, develop and apply industry knowledge
- Develop and demonstrate a solid understanding of PR principles and client strategy by contributing appropriate approaches and ideas for clients and projects
- Develop an understanding of the regional media landscape, keep abreast of current affairs, industry issues and trends relating to clients and their markets
- Meet influencers, media + other client stakeholders on a regular basis
- Actively participate in internal creative brainstorms across all agency sectors and apply creative thinking to all aspects of your work
- Assist in managing the work load and activities of junior team members, team assistants and interns
- Actively participate in team and client meetings
- Act as H+K ambassador internally and externally
- Be aware of H+K’s offerings, specialist services
- Be alert to new business opportunities with existing and prospective clients, and discuss with senior team
- Assists in researching and responding to RFPs for new business proposals
- Support and contribute to industry award entries
- Implementation of day-to-day publishing work, online and traditional media
- Foster relationships within the client team, share knowledge and insight
- Take responsibility for part of a client or project WIP; manage implementation of a product review or influencer engagement programme
- Display sound judgement and problem solving on a day-to-day level, with senior support
- Demonstrate professional behaviour at all times; show maturity in client interactions and counsel
- University degree
- 3++ years’ relevant industry experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset
The position of Campaign Executive will be based in Qatar and will report to the project lead, Campaign Director and the Managing Director of Sports, Entertainment, Culture and Sponsorship. Benefits include;
- Residency Visa
- Life insurance with medical insurance plan
- 24 days annual holidays allocated on a pro rata basis
- One annual flight to your home country to the value of 3000 QAR
- Competitive salary package paid out at the end of each month in arrears