Sports Campaign Director
Do you live and breathe sports and believe it’s power to transform lives? Do you have a deep understanding of the Middle East region and its emerging role in global sports?
H+K is seeking a passionate, proactive and organized professional to join our rapidly growing Sports + Entertainment team across the Middle East Region with a specific position in support of the Local Organizing Committee of IAAF World Athletics Championships 2019, as well as a limited portfolio of clients.
Campaign Directors at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) are active leaders in their team. You will be a role model for your team and a ‘trusted consultant’ to your clients running all LOC campaign activities as well as developing partnerships with the LOC’s sponsors and leading comms support at their enviable list of sporting events.
The regional role requires flexibility and will be mainly based in Doha, as a hub and home office due to the requirements of the focal client IAAF LOC, who are located in Qatar and who require significant face to face time. The successful candidate can expect to support a live LOC press office function during the IAAF World Athletics Championship in Doha 2019, (August – September 2019) alongside other major events and global brands.
At this level, you have the experience and autonomy to independently lead a portfolio of project campaigns and publishing channels (traditional and social; earned, owned, shared and paid). Your creativity has ample chance to shine as you look for opportunities to grow trust, and deliver award-winning sport work as part of our global network of sporting experts.
Our campaign directors are passionate and proactive about storytelling, developing knowledge, championing H+K standards whilst supporting the strategic business objectives of the regional leadership team.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Independently counsel with confidence, maturity and professionalism on integrated communication strategies, stakeholder engagement, digital and social media plans and content strategies
- Be a trusted advisor, adding value to client relationships, assisting clients in achieving their business objectives and building incremental business
- Be bold; pitch and deliver innovative ideas to clients and develop creative solutions that boost their brand’s reputation
- Fluently and confidently discuss social and digital strategies with client
- Demonstrate understanding of earned, owned, shared and paid channels, and recommend approaches for each
- Deliver strategic senior counsel on content marketing, including how the content is published (channel, timing, optimization, influencer engagement)
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and exceed client’s expectations in terms of results and professionalism; manage resources, review and approve client deliverables
- Be confident in managing and resolving challenges with clients around scope, performance, results and similar issues
- Develop and discuss an appropriate and transparent reporting, review and insight model that will demonstrate successes and identify failings of activity with clients in a positive and productive environment
- Lead in understanding, addressing and seeking positive resolution to client issues
- Create, lead and deliver presentations with impact
- Analyse an online digital and influencer audit and deliver recommendations
- Draw from H+K network and industry contacts to bring in the right internal and external expertise to add value
- Demonstrate a clear ability to lead teams to successful revenue growth; including staff allocation, motivation, structure, resourcing and coaching
- Support the practice lead and regional management team in terms of agency/sector vision and model the desired behaviour
- Embody the agency vision and culture of collaboration with your teams and lead by example
- Act as a rigorous Line Manager; develop SMART career plans for direct report/s, be diligent in performance management in line with global structure, and mentor/coach team members to develop their potential
- Play a central role in recruiting new talent and retention of existing talent in the team/agency
- Identify new opportunities and play a proactive role in terms of proposal development, pitching and conversion using the full Creative Process and other structures for new business developments. Lead new business pitches and make an active contribution
- Assume responsibility for budget monitoring, revenue forecasting, fee negotiation, staff planning and managing over-servicing levels for profitability
- Develop relationships with regional professional bodies
- Exemplify the company’s ethics, vision and values in daily work
- Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Independently, assume a greater level of responsibility and accountability for client relationships, driving your practice area with revenue targets
- Create and drive initiatives to strengthen skills and culture of practice area/office through training and/or office responsibilities
- Take a lead role on strategic consultancy services such as media training, messaging, strategy development, flight school and crisis preparation/handling
- Be seen as a leader within your office; display gravitas; manage difficult client relationships
- University degree
- 8++ years’ relevant industry experience (including agency)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven presentation and planning capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset
The position of Campaign Director will be based in Doha and will report to the Managing Director of Sports, Entertainment, Culture and Sponsorship. Benefits include;
- Qatar Residency Visa
- Life insurance with medical insurance plan
- 24 days annual holidays allocated on a pro rata basis
- One annual flight to your home country to the value of 3000 AED
- Competitive salary package paid out at the end of each month in arrears
- Two weeks paid hotel stay when first coming over + one-way economy class ticket + assistance to ship over personal belongings