Do you live and breathe sports and believe it’s power to transform lives? Do you have a deep understanding of the Middle East region and its emerging role in global sports?
H+K is seeking a passionate, proactive and organized professional to join our rapidly growing Sports + Entertainment team across the Middle East Region with a specific position in support of the Local Organizing Committee of IAAF World Athletics Championships 2019, as well as a limited portfolio of clients.
A campaign manager at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) has a pivotal role in the account team and requires an overall increase in the level of accountability. This role is a transition from execution to responsibility for the ‘bigger picture’, including management and oversight of multiple aspects of the project activities as well as developing partnerships with the LOC’s sponsors and leading comms support at their enviable list of sporting events.
The regional role requires flexibility and will be mainly based in Doha, as a hub and home office due to the requirements of the focal client IAAF LOC, who are located in Qatar and who require significant face to face time. The successful candidate can expect to help manage a live LOC press office function during the IAAF World Athletics Championship in Doha 2019, (August – September 2019) alongside other major events and global brands.
As Campaign Manager you will be the client’s first port of call for daily updates, advice and knowledge. At this level, you need to demonstrate emerging management skills, be confident in leading the day-to-day content generation across print, digital and social, and focus on building excellent client and team relationships.
You will be entrusted with planning, management and delivery of projects across social and traditional media platforms – with support from the senior account lead. This includes responsibility for team allocation to tasks, delivery to deadlines, maintaining a close eye on quality control and keeping the client fully up-to-date on activity.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Manage multiple accounts independently and effectively own mid-level relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Independently prepare for, drive and manage follow up to regular client meetings
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and interest in client sports business and sector, including influencer, audience and stakeholder insight
- Keep abreast of current affairs, industry issues and trends in sport and sporting events, relating them to client situations
- Demonstrate creative and strategic thinking through development of integrated creative campaigns
- Be passionate for storytelling, and proactively shape and pitch compelling creative – but strategically relevant – content ideas for clients
- Take an active role in the account planning process from concept to developing a written project proposal and pitching to client; seek opportunities to cross-sell ideas or partnership opportunities across clients
- Demonstrate the ability to take a creative idea across all channels; earned, owned, shared and paid
- Lead key media, influencer and stakeholder relationships on behalf of your client/s and offer counsel on such relations to clients and colleagues
- Be confident in building the digital element into strategy, planning and execution; including mentoring teams and advising clients on community management and influencer engagement
- Continue development of language skills for Arabic consultants; including expertise in originating core content for different platforms, localising materials to the Arabic language and audience, and working with the translation team to improve client-ready content
- Showcase strong and compelling presentation skills
- Maintain a high standard of writing, both personally and among junior team, by displaying/facilitating sharp editing skills and coaching individuals
- Maintain and grow media and influencer relationships, actively introduce colleagues and clients to influential contacts
- Manage and motivate the team, coach/train junior members of staff, contribute to the internal training programme and ensure individuals have the right skills for the team to work together effectively
- Provide fair and real-time feedback, and encourage improved performance in others
- Delegate effectively and know when to escalate issues to senior team members
- Act as a H+K ambassador internally and externally
- Be accountable to the team and clients by managing time effectively, meeting deadlines, paying attention to detail
- Display knowledge and understanding of client contract and be responsible for management of monthly deliverables and activity reports
- Demonstrate financial accountability, beginning to take responsibility for managing client budgets, resourcing, invoicing and debt
- Identify incremental business opportunities on existing accounts
- Play an active role in new business; assist in preparation of new business proposals
- Build a strong professional network, expanding media, influencer and industry contacts
- Elevate level of client relationships; independently lead strategy, planning and management of client activity and teams
- Increase understanding of business finances and take greater responsibility for profitability on accounts
- Grow involvement and role in business development activity
- Develop a coaching/mentoring approach to junior colleagues
- Develop presence/gravitas and demonstrate professional behaviour at all times
- University degree
- 5++ years agency experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven presentation and planning capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset
The position of Campaign Manager will be based in Qatar and will report to the Campaign Director and the Managing Director of Sports, Entertainment, Culture and Sponsorship. Benefits include;
- Residency Visa
- Life insurance with medical insurance plan
- 24 days annual holidays allocated on a pro rata basis
- One annual flight to your home country to the value of 3000 QAR
- Competitive salary package paid out at the end of each month in arrears
- Two weeks paid hotel stay when first coming over + one-way economy class ticket + assistance to ship over personal belongings