Partnership Manager - Spain
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Marketing & Communications|
Manage key strategic marketing partnership relationships in Spain. Lead the growth and development of each partnership to improve activation and spend with the NBA. Manage partnership overall deliverables and renewals. Provide support to London based account and business development teams for business needs in Italy.
- Manage the local marketing partners in Spain.
- Run day-to-day partner activation process including promotional development, media planning, advertising creation and approval, grassroots program planning and event coordination
- Develop strong, supportive relationships and build credibility with partners
- Oversee the fulfillment of partners’ contractual benefits including event sponsorship, promotional obligations and media advertising
- Provide partnership expertise in the comprehension of contractual elements and understanding of partners’ marketing/business goals objectives, target audience and competitors
- Preparing presentations and documents to pitch and present to partners for upsells and commercial purposes
- Manage business planning and budgets for marketing partners
- Manage partner renewals along with Director, New Business Development – NBA Spain, Director, Partner Management – EMEA. and Head of Spain and Basketball Operation - EMEA
- Maintain effective working relationships with key NBA constituencies including Events, Global Content Media Distribution, Global Partnerships, Internet Services, Communications, Marketing, and legal
- Provide assistance for Global Partnerships team in Italy across partner management and business development, when needed.
- Fluent in Spanish, English and Italian, full working proficiency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player, adaptable to new projects and situations
- Development and implementation of creative and impactful marketing programs for partners
- Ability to manage and grow relationships with partners
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi task and take on additional responsibility as European business evolves
- Anticipate potential requirements from partners, proposal of alternative solutions
- Minimum 5 years of experience in international account management within the sports or entertainment industry
- Prior experience and established relationships in Spain and Italy, strongly preferred
- Strong client/account management skills
- Previous marketing experience
- Sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
The NBA’s entity that conducts the league’s business in Europe was formed in 1997 in Geneva, Switzerland. The NBA is committed to growing the sport, and stages regular-season games in partnership with FIBA, local federations and the Euroleague.