Head of Communications – Red Bull Air Race
In this role, you’ll manage the overall communication for the World Championship across print, still images, digital, news distribution and PR. You’ll shape and maintain the positioning and delivery of an effective message across all channels, bringing the brand image to life. This involves managing and leading an in-house team as well as co-ordinating external partners and working with National Communication Managers and third-party organizations by providing communication tools. You’ll also serve as counsel to the senior leadership team regarding effective external and internal communication.
Areas that play to your strengths:
- Global Red Bull Air Race Communication
You’ll coordinate and manage global communication of the Red Bull Air Race. This includes the strategy for all channels, the team, the creation and distribution of content in coordination with internal and external specialists as well as co-ordinating and analysing media monitoring. You’ll facilitate a year-round PR strategy for the World Championship to generate global media outcome for our company, sponsors and Host City partners.
Additionally, you’ll manage and support country activation projects, including strategy creation and worldwide distribution of content in co-ordination with local partners. You’ll set global quality standards to develop and reinforce global professional motorsports communication using best practice examples.
- Work with Red Bull country organizations
As Head of Communications, you’ll guide and enable national country managers and provide them with relevant components of the communication strategy and international toolkit. You’ll consult national country managers on national projects, daily work (regular contact/feedback) and support partner sponsors and the race teams in media work.
- Act as expert regarding event communication
You’ll supervise Red Bull Air Race press office during season as well as off season. Additionally, you’ll supervise event PR and communication from “before the event” communication to “after the event distribution” (generation of maximum media value). You’ll also supervise the overall digital communication of the World Championship and create valuable assets to build up the brand and generate outcome in paid, earned and owned channels. If needed, you’ll coordinate external crisis communication management. Event operations and on-site management and safeguarding international standards are part of this role as well.
- Team management
In this role, you’ll ensure all major milestones are fully developed and met, communications opportunities are maximised, and the team is operating effectively. You’ll manage and lead internal and external Red Bull Air Race Communication Team and multiple suppliers through role model behaviours. Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for budget planning, monitoring, negotiating and evaluation.
Your experience includes:
- Min. 8-10 years’ work experience in communications, ideally in a fast-paced international organization or agency, preferably in the sports business.
- University degree in marketing, communication/media, journalism or other relevant discipline
- Previous leadership roles, with experience in leading and developing high performing teams and talent acquisition.
- Proven expertise and track record of leading teams to success across the entire communication landscape – to include strategy planning, crisis comms, PR, digital & social, media liaison and distribution of print/online.
- Experience liaising with multiple stakeholders, commercial partners and board level representatives.
- Ability to deliver informed and insightful recommendations for annual business planning, demonstrating value for money and optimum ROI.
- Sports/motorsports enthusiasts.
- Confident and compelling presentation skills.
- Commercial, entrepreneurial mindset and appetite to succeed.
- Independent thinker, comfortable innovating and confident decision maker.
- Self-aware and advocate of personal/professional development.
- Structured, well organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, open minded, passionate, collaborative and curious.
- Excellent spoken and written English (German advantageous)
We are looking forward to receiving your online-application!