Head of Marketing
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Rugby Football League, the national governing body for Rugby League in the UK. We oversee the England Rugby League teams (men, women & wheelchair) that will be playing in the Rugby League World Cups in England 2021, the Coral Challenge Cup Rugby League’s national knock out competition with its final at Wembley Stadium live on the BBC as well as the Betfred Championship and League One. We are seeking to appoint a Head of Marketing based at our offices in MediaCityUK.
Principal duties will include:
- To lead the planning and be responsible for the delivery of the RFL’s Marketing Performance and Programmes, unlocking the marketing potential of Rugby League.
- To plan and deliver the annual marketing plan that will lead to the development of the sport at all levels, through increased ticket sales, revenue generation, membership acquisition & engagement and participation to maintain organisational sustainability.
- Management of the RFL, Great Britain RL and England RL brands.
- Together with Membership Manager develop and deliver the strategy and annual plans of the Our League Membership Scheme.
- Work with the RFL’s key partners and sponsors to deliver value.
- Oversee the communication between the RFL and its customers.
In order to be successful, you will need to have:
- Proven track record of being able to sell out sporting or entertainment events
- A strong emphasis in being customer focused
- Has previous experience of working at Board/Senior Management Team level (ideally for in excess of five years)
- An understanding of broadcast, digital and media opportunities
- An understanding of loyalty/membership schemes
- Proven track record of commercialisation in a digital environment
- Has a proven track record of building or re-positioning brand, including campaign management.
- Has practical experience of managing staff across diverse functions
- Can demonstrate an ability to motivate and support individuals and groups and stakeholders (internal & external) at all levels
In return for your efforts we offer a competitive salary and benefits which include health insurance, health cash plan, cycle to work scheme, workplace pension and a chance to be part of an exciting business.
Appointment may be made subject to a DBS check.
To find out more about us or to apply online please visit our website:
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 8 April
The Rugby Football League has confirmed that it will be relocating to the Etihad Campus in East Manchester. This will be a phased relocation which will take place by Autumn/Winter 2021.
If you are an applicant with disability who meets the essential requirements of the job, we will interview you. We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats.
The Rugby Football League welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of Age, Sex, Race, Disability, Pregnancy, Marital/ Civil Partnership status, Sexual orientation, Gender reassignment or Religious background.
The RFL is committed to equality through diversity.