WHAT IS VPAR?
VPAR is the market leading technology platform changing the golfer’s’ experience, both on and off the course. We started our journey over 10 years ago and pioneered a ground-breaking Live Scoring system. For the first time, amateurs had the ability to see where they stand on a live leaderboard. Today that technology is used by golf clubs and event managers across the globe to score thousands of tournaments and outings each year. We are trusted by FTSE 100 brands, Top 100 courses, European, Asian and PGA Tour Pro-ams and many more renowned charity organisations. Using the latest award-winning mobile technology, VPAR makes the amateur golfer feel like the pros.
What We’re After?
We are currently looking for an Events Manager to help co-ordinate and run our corporate events across the UK and Rest of the World. Within this role the candidate will also have the opportunity to experience some marketing and customer service activities as well as supporting sales and the continued development of our app. Applicants must be organised, have a can-do attitude, work well under pressure and be able to communicate effectively with clients and team members before, during and after events.
Responsibilities and Requirements
VPAR is a rapidly growing business and as a result will provide the right candidate with some fantastic opportunities and experiences.
- Liaising with both clients and venues face to face and over the telephone
- Event planning, organisation, administration, and set up
- Player registration and welcoming at golf events
- Demonstrate the VPAR system to players
- Be on hand to deal with any technical issues as and when they arise
- Be a constant on-course source of information for the client, feeding back any issues and ensuring that the guests enjoy their golfing experience to the full
- Maximising exposure of the VPAR brand at events using social media channels
- Actively promoting use of the VPAR app at events
- Providing comprehensive technical assistance to our customers
Professional and Personal Requirements
- You must be a positive, enthusiastic and hardworking individual
- You must provide an exceptional level of customer service
- You must have good initiative, be self-motivated and be able to work without supervision
- You must be prepared to travel
- You must hold a full clean UK driving licence
- You must have use of a car to drive to events
- An interest in golf and the development of the game is preferable
Experience and Skills Required
- Experience in organising events is preferable
- Be process driven, highly organised and have good attention to detail
- Excellent at communicating effectively with clients and team members
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- An understanding of Photoshop or other image re-sizing tools is preferable but not essential
- Be highly motivated and hands on
- 6-8 month contract, starting ASAP, £1,000-£1,250 per month based on experience and role
- University placement opportunities also available