Website and Social Media Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Rugby Football League, the national governing body for Rugby League in the UK. We oversee the England Rugby League teams (men, women & wheelchair) that will be playing in the Rugby League World Cups in England 2021, the Coral Challenge Cup Rugby League’s national knock out competition with its final at Wembley Stadium live on the BBC as well as the Betfred Championship and League One. We are seeking to appoint a Website and Social Media Officer based at our offices in Media City UK
Principal duties will include:
- Assist in the management of the RFL’s website and responsible for its customer journeys, completeness and accuracy.
- Grow traffic to RFL web, app and social media channels.
- Grow loyalty to website and app and increase average length of visit to website.
- Assist in completion of weekly content plan for RFL website and app and develop new formats that encourage return visits.
- Understand, monitor and evaluate content delivered through the website, app and social channels and validate its editorial integrity.
- To formulate and drive new ideas to generate business and support marketing activities.
- Work with the Digital Manager to ensure that day to day operations, activities and events successfully translate to quality content and online experiences.
- Update all website, app and social media channels in a timely and engaging manner.
In order to be successful, you will need to have:
- A knowledge of the world of digital and social media.
- Able to demonstrate a passion for the sports industry.
- Passion for technology and the internet and a demonstrated ability to understand the online space and the content opportunities within it
- Professional level Photoshop
- Mid / Professional level Flash
- Professional level After Effects
- Professional level Premiere Pro
In return for your efforts we offer a competitive salary and benefits which include health insurance, health cash plan, cycle to work scheme, workplace pension and a chance to be part of an exciting business.
Appointment may be made subject to a DBS check.
To find out more about us or to apply online please click apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 1st March 2019
The Rugby Football League has confirmed that it will be relocating to the Etihad Campus in East Manchester. This will be a phased relocation which will take place by Autumn/Winter 2021.
If you are an applicant with disability who meets the essential requirements of the job, we will interview you. We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats.
The Rugby Football League welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of Age, Sex, Race, Disability, Pregnancy, Marital/ Civil Partnership status, Sexual Orientation, Gender reassignment or Religious background.
The RFL is committed to equality through diversity.