Event Account Director (Maternity Cover)
Event Account Director (Maternity Cover)
iLUKA, part of the CSM Sport & Entertainment group, is a specialised agency, developing and delivering coordinated strategic activations for sponsors and other stakeholders at global events.
We are experts in executing cutting edge event hospitality experiences born from intelligent strategic direction. Our heritage is big events for big companies looking for strategic and measured solutions which focus on creating unforgettable experiences for stakeholders integral to sponsors success.
Our experience working with Sponsors, Organising Committees, International Sporting Federations, Governing Bodies and City stakeholders enables us to develop our clients sponsorship story to ensure that activations maximise the communication of their messages as well as guide global teams and their local markets through the unique complexities of delivering effectively at global events.
We look for people who are high energy, comfortable working potentially long hours in a demanding but rewarding and friendly environment. The successful candidate will be flexible, enthusiastic, confident and outgoing. You willing enjoy rolling your sleeves up and get involved. Key skills for all roles include being able to work in a calm, professional manner in a pressured environment and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload.
Reporting into the Annual Events Director, the Account Director will manage a team of up to 2 People on our UK Events Projects. Building and delivering hospitality programmes for our Football and Tennis clients, amongst others. You will be an outgoing person with strong stakeholder management skills, an operational background, You will know London, its Hotels and it restaurants, you’ll have a passion for sports, hospitality and customer service.
To create, build and deliver sporting event projects for clients, predominantly in the area of hospitality programme creation and delivery.
- Project manage, plan and develop the operational delivery of client hospitality programmes
- Create and effectively manage programme budget(s)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients and their partnerships
- Co-ordinate key stakeholder engagement and their involvement in major events
- Work with the operations department to plan and manage all program elements including Operations, Hotel, Ticketing, F&B, Transport, Premiums, Print and Production, Onsite offices, Accreditation.
- Develop guest experience in line with client aims and local market knowledge pre event, and actively manage the guest experience onsite
- Create client timelines and advise clients on deadlines in timely manner
- Manage an internal iLUKA team including Account Managers, Hosts and external consultants – wider team management may be required dependent on size and scale of project
- Continual evaluation of work undertaken and seek ways to improve the management of activity on behalf of a client
- Support on new business pitches and opportunities
- Actively look for and research new business opportunities through current partnerships
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers and venues
- Work with other members of the agency team to maximise supplier relationships both commercially and excellence in delivery
- Stay abreast of industry trends and developments
- Draw upon case history and industry best practice to deliver excellence in event planning and delivery
This is not an exhaustive list, and all team members will be expected to contribute to any other aspects of the program, as necessary.
- Proven experience working in sports event management and / or experiential
- Significant project management experience
- Previous evidence in the management of senior stakeholders in public and/or private sector
- Previous work with International and National Governing Bodies of sport / organising committees
- Sponsorship rights delivery and activation experience
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Effective resource planning & Commercial acumen and budget management