|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Marketing & Communications, Commercial Sales & Sponsorship, Content & Media, Brand Communications|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Salary||Salary: £35k per annum (Fixed Term to end October 2020)|
About the British Olympic Association:
The British Olympic Association’s (BOA) Vision is to ‘Unite and Inspire the nation through the power of Olympic Sport’ and its Mission is to ensure Team GB are ‘the best supported team in Olympic competition’. The BOA’s primary role and purpose is to;
Select, lead, and manage Team GB at Olympic and Olympic Winter Games and all International Olympic Committee (IOC)and European Olympic Committees (EOC) accredited events such as Youth Games, Youth Festivals, and the European Games; and
Develop the Olympic Movement and promote the principles and values of Olympism, in our territory of responsibility.
The BOA is independent and privately funded. The success of our mission is entirely dependent upon the income we receive from our commercial programmes including but not limited to sponsorship, fundraising, licensing, and events. The BOA is the UK National Olympic Committee and the strong, independent voice for British Olympic Sport responsible for promoting the Olympic Movement throughout the UK.
Scope of the role:
Provide day to day support across the BOA’s portfolio of Olympic sponsors with the opportunity to manage several key projects and sponsors in the lead up to and during Tokyo 2020.
The role will require you to build relationships with sponsors and their agencies, develop activation ideas and ensure all contractual agreements are delivered.
Alongside this, you’ll need to develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders to deliver time sensitive projects and campaigns on behalf of the sponsors.
- Management of domestic BOA partners and delivery of their contractual rights.
- Support the Commercial Managers in the day to day delivery of BOA partner programmes and initiatives, including:
- End to end delivery of sponsor campaigns
- Develop upsell opportunities for existing partners
- Liaise with internal departments on various sponsor campaigns to ensure they align with the BOA brand
- Ensure all commercial rights are delivered in relation to the sponsor’s contract
- Assist with financial management of BOA partners, including budgeting and invoicing etc
- Ensure the sponsors represent the BOA and BOA brand correctly in all collateral and communication
- Provide solid guidance and advice about do’s/don’ts with regards to Olympic activation
- Project management of the following key areas across all BOA partners:
- athlete ambassador appearances, including liaising with athlete agents and National Governing Bodies
- Delivery of committed digital assets (contractual)
- Approval of sponsor campaign assets via necessary internal channels
- Delivery of partner VIK allocation
- Oversee delivery of partner rights and upkeep of partner management process/software
- Act as the commercial lead for a number of business wide projects, including:
- The annual BOA Ball
- Home from Home (sponsor products used during Games Time)
- BOA athlete opportunities hub
- Provide support to the retail & licensing manager in delivery of rights and assets for key BOA licensee partners.
- Provide support on the delivery of the annual BOA Ball and procurement of auction items
- Where necessary, provide support across the wider commercial team
Key Challenges in Delivering the Role:
- Working with multiple stakeholders simultaneously, including managing their demands without showing preference, especially during busy periods.
- Being able to support on several different projects across the commercial team and the wider business at any one time.
- Understanding a wide range of rights and Olympic regulations to effectively deliver and maintain strong relationships with sponsors.
Relationships and Interfaces:
All BOA Commercial team, other divisions within the BOA regarding sponsor operations, including:
- Marketing and Communications
- Games Services and
- Athlete Services
- Core IT skills in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Client relationship management tools and techniques
- Excellent understanding and experience of management of sponsorship
- Relevant University Qualifications
- 3 years Client Management
- Sport industry experience
- Experience managing events and digital projects preferable
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change and uncertainty
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Clear communications skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Experience of working with Olympic sports and National Governing Bodies
- Project management experience is advantageous with clear evidence of delivery within structured timescales
To Apply for this role:
- Please submit your CV and an accompanying cover letter outlining your skills and experience with CE18 in the subject field.
- Deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 28th January 2019.
British Olympic Association (BOA)
The British Olympic Association’s (BOA) mission is to transform British lives through the power of the Olympic values and the success of Team GB.