Digital Product Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Marketing & Communications, Content & Media, Brand Marketing|
|Salary||Salary Band: £40,000 - 50,000 p/a|
The British Olympic Association’s (BOA) Vision is to ‘Unite and inspire the nation through the power of Olympic Sport’ and its Mission is to ensure Team GB are ‘the best-supported team in Olympic competition’.
The BOA’s primary role and purpose is to;
- Select, lead, and manage Team GB at Olympic and Olympic Winter Games and all International Olympic Committee (IOC)and European Olympic Committees (EOC) accredited events such as Youth Games, Youth Festivals, and the European Games; and
- Develop the Olympic Movement and promote the principles and values of Olympism, in our territory of responsibility.
The BOA is independent and privately funded. The success of our mission is entirely dependent upon the income we receive from our commercial programmes including but not limited to sponsorship, fundraising, licensing, and events. The BOA is the UK National Olympic Committee and the strong, independent voice for British Olympic Sport responsible for promoting the Olympic Movement throughout the UK.
To manage the production and delivery of new and existing digital products* utilising and maximising the Team GB website(s), apps and other digital assets. To co-manage the BOA’s digital strategy and associated roadmap, ensuring the close management and implementation of the strategy. Exploring organisation wide CRM and data infrastructure. Managing multiple agencies, projects and budget.
*Digital products include BOA websites (teamgb.com, athlete and partner hub, accreditation site), Team GB apps, products for social channels, data solutions and the development of other digital product both existing in market and in development.
- Continue to develop the digital roadmap which outlines how the wider digital strategy, objectives and KPIs will be achieved – constantly refresh the digital roadmap and present it at digital strategy meetings
- Development, management and execution of digital products, activations and implementations, ensuring these solutions are sustainable and appropriate to their audience(s)
- Alongside the Digital Strategy Manager, work with the Commercial team to develop digital products and activations for partners; deliver and manage digital activations, set KPIs and produce reports for partners
- Ensure all digital platforms deliver an excellent user experience, run efficiently and are cost effective – constantly review and manage user experience
- Manage agencies and suppliers to ensure all products and activations are delivered on time, to budget and to the highest possible standard
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to understand current and future business requirements, scope digital products and features and prioritise development
- Regularly share updates on digital projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Be responsible for reporting on all digital projects and platforms, including analytics, KPI tracking and recommendations
- Manage the development of new data capture processes, through available platforms and customer marketing opportunities; ensure regular organisation audits in relation to data and adherence to GDPR regulations. Play an active role in the GDPR working group
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance and development of platforms including editing and updating content
- Manage the further development and improvements of all BOA websites and products ensuring that the platforms are developed in a sustainable and coherent way, maximising audience metrics and commercial opportunities
- Monitor website performance, architecture, navigation, usability, design and stability; implement and integrate developments in line with strategies
- Responsible for updating the organisation on latest digital trends, best practice in digital development, commercialisation and opportunities, including ensuring all digital developments make use of industry best practice in design, technology, accessibility and functionality
- Working with the Digital Strategy Manager, manage the digital budget
Key areas of delivery:
There are a number of core projects this role will be responsible for, all of which are exciting milestones within the digital strategy:
- Acting as product owner, migrating the current Team GB website to an OTT platform. This will be an integral project for the BOA in 2019 and this role will lead on the setup and release of a new Team GB site.
- Ongoing implementation of a data management system, supporting the team in use of the software and migration of data. Acting as main contact for the supplier.
- Management and review of existing athlete/partner portal, liaising with agency to develop the product further, improve user journeys and functionality.
Relationships and Interfaces:
Reporting to the Digital Strategy Manager, although will be working with the wider marketing, communication and commercial teams on a day-to-day basis. External clients including partners, agencies and suppliers.
- Experience of developing and implementing product strategies and roadmaps
- Experience of managing a programme of digital work with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of implementing a wide range of technologies; APIs, apps, data services
- Experience of working with a range of project methodologies and managing product lifecycles
- Experience of managing agencies and suppliers
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals
- Understanding of emerging technologies
- Presentation, delegation and time, budget and resource management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working within an agency
- Understanding of the Olympics and a passion for sport
- Please submit your CV and an accompanying cover letter outlining your skills and experience
- Please include the reference DPM19 in the subject line of your email.
- Closing date for applications is Monday 28th January 2019.
British Olympic Association (BOA)
The British Olympic Association’s (BOA) mission is to transform British lives through the power of the Olympic values and the success of Team GB.