|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||IT, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England and has the responsibility to promote and develop the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International team.
- To lead on the planning, procurement and provision of Technical support & electrical maintenance at WNSL
- To provide oversite and guidance on the St Georges Park M & E strategy
Key responsibilities will include;
- Identify and implement energy saving opportunities. Collect and scrutinise energy data to highlight anomalies or increased use
- Recover operational costs from 3rd parties – Utility costs, damages and maintenance recharges
- Project manage small works – Ensure that connections to the electrical system are compatible with the already installed electrical system
- Manage consultants and the day to day delivery of maintenance contracts, attending regular contract review meetings and prioritising remedial works
- To supervise the planning of the electrical and mechanical maintenance activities working closely with the M&E services provider and key stakeholders to ensure security of supply and unnecessary disruption to the business
- Ensure effective and cost conscious management of the operation and maintenance of the stadium systems
- Effectively manage the key building controls on an event day ensuring that energy is used in the most economical way
- Develop assistant Technical Manager to create robust succession plan
- Lead FM preparations and stadium system changes for all major bowl and no bowl events
- Ensure the Stadium CAFM system and Asset lists are maintained and updated as and when required by maintenance program changes or additions/removal to existing plant and equipment.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience;
- Robust understanding of implementation of BS EN ISO14001 -2004 including practical knowledge of how to identify sustainable aspects, minimise negative impacts and maximise positive impacts through a system of Environmental Management Plans (EMP’s)
- Understand internal auditing processes
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- An understanding of energy management and monitoring to determine energy use profiles
- Experience of accurately collating data for reporting and/or billing
- Experience of managing equipment and buildings in a sustainable manner (green & environmental) and in line with good principles of corporate social responsibility
- Experience of the operation and maintenance requirements of complex building systems including BMS, fire alarm, cctv, computerised lighting control UPS and emergency power generation.
- 11kV switching approved, HNC electrical engineering or City & Guilds Electrical certification / understanding of electricity at work regulations and BS7671 current edition
- Understand and ensure control of all electrical systems; testing regimes
- Experienced in large complex building maintenance
- Experience in leisure or other public assembly venue management preferable
- Engineering background in M&E services including extensive knowledge of controls systems
- Understanding of engineering issues for building maintenance including energy management and environmental control measures.
- Flexible approach to working hours
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.