Senior Client Account Manager
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors, Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Marketing & Communications, Content & Media|
GlobalSportsJobs are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Client Account Management professional to support our fast-growing international client portfolio
As part of our growth plans, we are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Client Account Management professional to support our fast-growing international client portfolio in one of the most exciting and rapidly growing industries.
The sports industry is now a truly global business with GlobalSportsJobs firmly positioned as the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform across Europe, The Middle East and Asia partnering sports organisations looking to either sustain or accelerate growth in both their local and international markets. Our four digital platforms (English, French, German and Mandarin) provide clients with the opportunity to engage directly with 200,000+ professionals across all functions and sectors.
The role will focus on looking after our significant international portfolio of clients such as the NBA, FIFA, UEFA, IOC, World Rugby, BOA, Eurosport, Paris 2024 and The FA to name but a few. Many of our current clients have been with us since we began the business and come from across all sectors of the international sports industry and include international federations, local organising committees, agencies, broadcasters, clubs, teams and leagues, venues, and sporting goods brands. Ultimately you will be responsible for the retention of our client portfolio.
You will be expected to provide our clients with an exceptional level of service to ensure their contracts are activated to deliver maximum value.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with clients on a day-to-day basis to activate contractual rights throughout the licence terms.
- Producing and delivering frequent client performance reviews at key stages of the contracts.
- Understand our clients to better support their requirements and where appropriate feedback to the business to fine-tune our products and services
- Partnering and ensuring the long-term success of our clients by gaining a full understanding of their objectives and requirements and ensuring these are fully met.
- Drafting proposals and renewal client contracts.
- Managing the invoicing process.
You have proven experience in:
- Being able to build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships.
- Managing and growing existing client relationships by being the point of contact for all matters specific to our clients.
- Producing high-quality recommendations that present our value proposition in an effective and inspiring manner.
- Negotiating and closing annual digital media and talent licence client renewals.
- Managing and developing team members.
- Ensuring timely and successful delivery of our solutions and making recommendations for additional services according to our client’s needs and objectives.
- Taking initiatives in client satisfaction via process improvement plans and efficient reporting.
- Identifying and removing any barriers to the client’s use of the service and to proactively seek ways to increase a client’s engagement to better meet their needs.
- Forecasting, setting and tracking of all KPI and account metrics from job advertising performance to employer branding engagement.
- Being responsible for and providing creative solutions for high severity requests or issue escalations.
- Developing strategic partnerships with other external organisations to further strengthen our service offering to current clients.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and the competitive marketplace.
You are someone that brings:
- 5 years+ experience with a proven track record of successfully managing, retaining and growing the annual business of a wide portfolio of international clients, ideally but not necessarily, from within the sports industry.
- Account Management skills that allow in-depth assessment and understanding of client needs, to develop client relations, and deliver the best possible outcomes.
- An in-depth understanding of the challenges that can arise, and when possible, provide creative, educational, consultative solutions and exceptional service to a broad range of clients at each touch point.
- The maturity and demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence with credibility and effectiveness at all levels of our client’s organisations, including executive and C-suite level.
- The ability to work independently and think strategically regarding client account retention and development.
- An uncompromising attention to detail and a data-driven analytical approach.
- Team management experience.
- Fluency in written and verbal English with a second language desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- A strong understanding of the digital landscape and the ability to learn quickly and adopt new technologies.
- The ability to deliver a consistently high-quality process
- A self-organising mindset and be a self-starter
- An innovative and proactive approach to working
- A passion for the business of sport.
GlobalSportsJobs is the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform for the international sports industry, helping organisations across all sectors source a greater quality and diversity of talent.