Expert Work Rider (Hong Kong) (Ref: 20001129)
|Location||Hong Kong, Asia|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Technical & Elite Performance|
The Dual Site Stables Operations and Owners Services Department manages and cares for in excess of 1200 thoroughbreds in training and races. Currently, there are 21 Trainers licensed to train horses. First-class race meetings are held on most Wednesday nights and weekends between September through to July.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic work rider to join our Stables Operations team.
Workstations in Hong Kong
- exercise and ride racehorses at Trackwork or at other training facilities for slow work or fast gallop during morning or afternoon as instructed by your allocated Trainer
- be able to competently ride and to time
- give timely and accurate feedback/advice to the Trainer or his delegate in riding/schooling/educating horses
- perform raceday related duty as assigned by the Stables Operations Team and Starting Gate Team.
- have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in riding race horses
- be able to jump a horse out of the gate and gallop a horse at a running time requested by the Trainer
- be able to communicate in English
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.