Head of Event Training
LUKA, part of the CSM Sport & Entertainment, is a specialised agency, developing and delivering coordinated strategic activations for sponsors and other stakeholders at global events.
The Head of Training will develop and administer training programmes for the iLUKA Academy, a training programme for iLUKA staff working on the Rugby World Cup 2019 and Tokyo 2020. This role will start in London then move to Tokyo in April 2019. This is a contract role that will finish in October 2020.
What you will be doing
- Creates and delivers Olympic and educational training programmes as part of the iLUKA Academy that will include web-based training, printed manuals, group classroom sessions, and onsite training during the games.
- Determine training needs and requirements for the iLUKA Academy by meeting with managers, talking with employees.
- Reviews existing training materials determine appropriateness and relevance
- Modifies or creates course materials and training manuals to meet specific training needs
- Schedules training sessions, organises information technology and other equipment
- Monitors training programmes and manuals to ensure that they are effective and up-to-date and makes updates as necessary
- Works with managers to address learning issues, instruction problems, or new educational needs regarding specific employees or departments
- Produces training documents that can be used at all future events
- Maintains understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods
The Skills & Experience you need
- Previous experience working at the Olympic Games, with a deep knowledge of rules and processes
- Other Global event experience an advantage
- Experience in co-ordinating and delivering training across a diverse range of subjects, preferably within a customer service/Hospitality/Operations environment
- Previous experience of delivering management development training at a middle management level and operational training
- Excellent interpersonal skills particularly those associated with coaching and influencing to inspire confidence and establish credibility
- Experience of Microsoft packages, excelling in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in Training international teams
- Experience of managing a small team
- High energy, comfortable working potentially long hours in a demanding but rewarding and friendly environment
- Flexible, enthusiastic, confident, outgoing
- Willing to roll sleeves up and get involved
- Understanding of difference cultures
- Outgoing and Charismatic