Marketing Coordinator, Athlete Development EMEA
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Marketing & Communications, Agency, PR & Marketing|
A Wanda Sports Holdings company, IRONMAN operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, six of nine International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the UCI Velothon Majors Series, mountain bike races, premier marathons and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than 680,000 participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 260 events across 44 countries.
Reporting to the Athlete Development Manager EMEA, the Marketing Coordinator will support the planning and implementation of IRONMAN athlete development and retention programs including but not limited to the IRONMAN TriClub Program and the IRONMAN All World Athlete Program within the EMEA Region. The Marketing Coordinator will also be involved in the development of new programs focused on increasing participation and new athletes for all brands in the IRONMAN portfolio, including IRONMAN, IRONMAN 70.3, short distance triathlon, Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, cycling and mountain biking events.
- Assist and support the Marketing Manager in planning and executing marketing strategies.
- Manage Athlete and Triclub profiles in the data base
- Take on daily maintenance and tactical implementation of existing athlete programs
- Relationship building with clubs and athletes (email, newsletter, phone, in person)
- Onsite execution of the programs at events
- In collaboration with in-country marketing managers, conceptualize, develop and implement local grassroots initiatives to help grow athlete base
- Identify social media opportunities and trends to increase awareness and participation, as well as realise ad-hoc content and engagement opportunities
- Research and create reports on market trends
- Assist the design team with collateral
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally
Skills and competencies
- University Degree in Marketing, Sports Business, Communication, or related fields preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience / internship
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and provide a high degree of client service
- The ability to juggle short-term and long-term projects and timelines with ease
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and interest in the endurance sport industry is a plus
- Fluent in English and German (written and spoken). Additional languages an advantage
- Highly competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with a willingness to learn new software as appropriate
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the year
A contract will be made on the basis of a full time employment and for an indefinite time period. We are looking forward to receiving your application and CV in English language including your salary expectations and your notice period.
Are you interested?
IRONMAN Limited are the organisers of IRONMAN events in the UK and Ireland.