Senior Digital Marketing Executive
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business delivering a diverse range of events in cycling, triathlon and running. The company is part of A.S.O., one of the world’s largest sports events organisers, including notably Le Tour de France the Dakar Rally and participation events L’Etape du Tour and the Schneider Electric Paris Marathon.
Human Race organises over 20 events in the UK including the legendary Dragon Ride, the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run and ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon, as well as the classic Royal Windsor Triathlon.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most forward-thinking digital and data-led organisations in our sector. We aim to benchmark our digital activity alongside the leading organisations from all industry sectors and are looking for an equally ambitious and forward-thinking Senior Digital Marketing Executive to lead all aspects of our digital activations.
The role will involve website management and development, CRM campaign planning and implementation and management of our digital advertising campaigns, with support from various agencies.
We are 100% focused on ensuring our customer (the participants) and our partners (sponsors and charities) are at the centre of all our thinking as we are passionate about delivering the best possible experience for them.
This is a really exciting opportunity for an ambitious Digital Marketing professional to take ownership of a digital strategy for a market leading organisation.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere. It’s a sociable office of like-minded people with shared goals and interests who take great pride in the events we deliver - whether it’s a small duathlon we’ve run for 28 years or a brand new large-scale event with a celebrity ambassador.
Great extra benefits you get at Human Race
- Wednesday Sports club, from 5-a-side football to Yahtzee, we’ve done it all, and everyone is encouraged to get involved.
- Friday beer trolley - kick off your weekend with a drink at the office
- Summer hours – during non-event weeks during the summer we finish up at lunchtime (as long as you’ve finished your work!)
- Free entry for you and a friend into any of our events
- Free entry into A.S.O events in Europe
- Weekly Fresh fruit basket
- Cycle to work scheme – we love to ride!
Purpose of the Role
- The Human Race marketing team is responsible for delivering the commercial strategy and marketing activation for around 20 events per year in the sports of cycling, triathlon and running.
- The Senior Digital Marketing Executive Role has five main objectives:
- Driving customer revenue: Develop and manage a strategy that sees us continue to develop our relationship with our customers across all digital platforms with a focus on customer retention and frequency
- Driving new customer revenue: Create innovative and highly cost-efficient ways of seeking and engaging with new customers and maximising sales conversion rates through our various websites
- Sponsor and partner activation: Managing the activation of their rights across our digital channels and optimising content engagement
- Participant communications: Ensuring our event participants receive the relevant event information at all points throughout their journey: pre-sign-up, pre-event and post-event
- Marketing insights: Utilising statistics to act as an insights source for the wider marketing team to drive campaign decisions
- Manage CRM strategies across all digital channels (Email, Web, Social, Programmatic)
- Manage the Digital Marketing Agency and subsequent marketing campaigns (PPC, Social, Programmatic)
- Build and send sales emails through our email tool (Dotmailer) and analyse results
- Maintain and analyse performance of our various websites (WordPress, Google Analytics)
- Manage website SEO
- Develop new websites alongside our web agency
- Write copy for emails and website pages
- Build and send participant pre-race communications
- Creation of regular insights reports and distributing to the wider marketing team
- Continually learning new digital marketing techniques from outside of the organization and sharing internally
- Manage the Digital Marketing Executive
- Key Relationships
- With the Head of Marketing
- With the Marketing & Communications teams for each sport (cycling, triathlon, running)
- With the Commercial Partnerships team
- With the Participant Service Team
- With Digital Marketing Executive
- Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to utilise a content management system i.e. Wordpress
- Experience of utilising an emailing tool i.e. Dotmailer
- Must be competent using HTML and CSS for email design and development, particularly for mobile.
- High level of skill in Microsoft Excel
- A lover of statistics, driven by results
- A relentless attention to detail
- A creative thinker who is inspired by innovation
- A true understanding and passion for Digital Marketing and CRM
- Google and Web analytics
- Well versed in CPA and strategies to drive efficient campaigns
- A/B testing to ensure we learn and optimise communication as we learn
- Commercial minded and ROI focused
- Can write copy in different tones of voice appropriate to the relevant audience
- Very good project and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings / on the telephone and in writing
- Previous work experience within Digital Marketing / CRM (in any industry)
- Experience of working with reputable and recognisable brands
- Experience of implementing sophisticated audience segmentation, retention and frequency strategies
- Min 2 years’ experience in a similar role either agency or in-house
- A passion for sport would be very beneficial for the role
- Full clean driving licence would be useful
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends (attending the sports events)