Investigator, Intelligence and Investigations
The Investigator will be responsible for investigating alleged breaches of the World Anti-Doping Code, in particular running or coordinating international Performance Enhancing Drug (PED) cases and related cases.
- Liaise with international law enforcement and customs agencies on Performance Enhancing Drug (PED) investigation related matters;
- Review and evaluate sensitive information to determine potential courses of action;
- Participate in investigations or operational initiatives targeting the distribution and/ or use of PEDs by athletes of interest and/or their supporting entourage;
- Conduct interviews of athletes known to or suspected of doping, to develop relevant intelligence as to the substances, methods of use, sources of supply, drug-shipping routes, payment methods, involvement of other athletes and any other information deemed pertinent;
- Develop relevant PED intelligence as to the substances, methods of use, sources of supply, drug-shipping routes, payment methods, involvement of other athletes and any other information deemed pertinent;
- Coordinate the passing of sensitive intelligence to the appropriate international law enforcement agencies for potential investigative action;
- Coordinate and/or assist in the coordination of meetings and training for investigators employed by Anti-Doping Organizations (ADO’s);
- Assist WADA’s Science department in determining emerging trends in doping and obtaining drug samples for analysis;
- Remain up to date on international investigations and initiatives on anti-doping related subject matters;
- Prepare presentations and/or special reports at the request of the Director Intelligence and Investigations;
- Undertake any other work as instructed by Director Intelligence and Investigations or his designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in forensic science, criminal law, criminology or relevant field;
- International law enforcement experience background (minimum 5 years);
- Extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in leading investigations on an international level;
- Sound knowledge of cyber and/or finance investigations;
- Strong communication skills, both for written reports and for oral presentations to internal stakeholders.
- Well-developed investigative logic and ability to identify and follow up leads.
- Excellent interviewing and interrogation skills;
- Possesses the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills;
- Honest and ethical;
- Able to work quickly and accurately and without supervision in a structured and organized manner.
- Excellent oral and written skills in one of the two WADA official languages (English/French) and very good command of the other official language;
- Fluent in oral and written Spanish (required);
- Fit with culture and organization values (e.g. teamwork spirit and love of sport).
Vision: WADA’s vision is a world where all athletes compete in a doping-free sporting environment.
Mission: WADA's mission is to lead a collaborative worldwide movement for doping-free sport.
About us: WADA is headquartered in Montreal, Canada and has regional offices in Cape Town, Lausanne, Montevideo and Tokyo. As of August 2018, the Agency employs approximately 120 employees and is represented by 45 nationalities. We value the diversity of our employees – current and future – that, as a global team, endeavor every day to protect the rights of clean athletes worldwide.