Senior Regional Manager (County Football Associations)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
Closing Date: 10 December 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
This main focus of this role is to be the relationship manager and contract manager between The FA and the County FAs. The successful candidate will provide support to the CFAs to ensure they optimise their potential and effectively deliver any programmes or projects, with a high presence in the CFAs. The ability to communicate effectively with the CFAs and to monitor communications into the CFAs is essential, feeding back to the Head of CFA Operations to help create “one voice” from The FA. Strong leadership and technical advice on FA programmes is required, often providing commercial and business development advice to other key delivery partners.
- To deliver the participation, inclusion and all other CFA KPI targets as defined in the National Game Strategy (NGS) or other strategic plans that are in place.
- To lead the implementation of the NGS & CFA Strategy and to support the CFAs in the creation of effective, sustainable strategies and action plans to achieve their targets, ultimately ensuring the CFA contractual obligations are delivered.
- To drive CFA business improvement including; strategic and operational planning, performance management, corporate governance, financial management, customer service excellence, marketing & communications, commercial & football development and football governance and in doing so drive CFAs to become modern and effective businesses
- Ensure that the CFAs have clear and effective strategies & action plans in place at all times to deliver their participation targets, inclusion targets, financial stability and other targets that may be in place from time to time in line with the NGS
- To identify ways to improve service delivery to participants and to help CFAs grow a customer-centric approach.
- To be a highly visible (physically present) link between the CFAs and The FA, acting as ambassadors of The FA at all time. At all times to seek to put the participant at the heart of the game, simplify and standardise to maximise the return on investment and provide a safe, fun & inclusive playing environment To communicate positively, pro-actively and consistently to reflect The FA’s Values and to celebrate excellence
- To provide strong leadership and technical advice on FA programmes, commercial and business development advice & planning to CFAs, FA Education and other key delivery partners
- To identify ways to improve service delivery to participants and to help CFAs grow a customer-centric approach
- Co-ordinate this Business Planning process and allocation of revenue and workforce distributions into CFAs through the CFA strategy setting and 6 monthly reviews (frequency of reviews to be 6 monthly as an absolute minimum; quarterly reviews to take place with each CFA where possible)
- Communicate clearly and effectively with The CFAs and drive adherence to the communications framework
- Lead implementation of safeguarding standards and other standards/models that are launched from time to time
- Minimise wastage of FA expenditure and maximise return on investment at every opportunity
- Seek to simplify, deliver consistency, standardise and share best practise at every opportunity
- Support the CFAs in:
- Recruiting, retaining and developing excellent people who are proud to serve the game
- Using research, insight and measurement to understand their Counties and to aid decision making
- Building a strong financial and commercial base to ensure sustainability
- Personally provide excellent service levels to the CFAs; responding timeously to communications / requests for support. To be the Champion of the local customer and develop and embed a culture of customer excellence in service delivery
- Champion the perspective of CFAs and delivery partners across The FA and with key partners, elevating their profile and the recognition of the work undertaken at County level
- Champion innovation and promote best practice
- Directly support the CFAs enabling them to become modern and efficient business operations e.g including; strategy, business planning, corporate governance, financial management, legislation, marketing and communications, football governance and managing and adapting to change, coaching and mentoring as required and becoming a “trusted advisor”
- Lead Counties to implement effective performance management systems including the recruitment, retention and development of paid staff and volunteers and create a culture of high performance and development and learning within the region
- Prioritise time spent in CFAs through a risk evaluation process, ensuring that your time is spent as effectively as possible
What we are looking for:
- Coaching and Mentoring skills
- Strong Influencing skills in the areas of strategic decisions, policy and business planning
- Experience of achieving results through disciplined business planning and performance management, be it through line management or influence
- Experience of NGS programmes and policies and grass roots football
- Knowledge of the political and functional workings of County FAs
- Track record of implementing strategies and policy decisions
- Change management skills
- Track record of creating effective, detailed business plans to achieve a range of KPI outcomes
- Broad Business Development Skills covering the areas of People, Service, Standards/Compliance/Governance, Finance
- Developing successful partnerships and investment
- Consultancy Skills
- CEO and/or Regional Management experience
- Experience of working in partnership with County Football Associations
- Knowledge of political and functional workings of Local Authorities, Sport England and other partners
- Knowledge of the law in relation to discrimination and harassment
- Passion and enthusiasm for all areas of equality
- Knowledge of financial management
- Advanced data analysis skills
- Success leading transformational change programmes
- Experience of shared service models
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.